Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rick and Morty

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Ah geez, massive renewal announcement Rick! 70 more episodes announced. Renewed up to Season 10! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!

https://renewcanceltv.com/rick-morty-renewed-for-70-more-episodes-by-adult-swim/

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Ah geez, massive renewal announcement Rick! 70 more episodes announced. Renewed up to Season 10! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!

https://renewcanceltv.com/rick-morty-renewed-for-70-more-episodes-by-adult-swim/

And that’s the waaay the news goes! Any word on the release date of season 4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Who are the 2 people @ 0:04 before Squanch supposed to be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Beth and Summer I'd guess

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Philosophy Zombie

Just watched the first episode last night. Very sharp dialogue. I'll stick with it for a while. Is Morty always this whiny? It was understandable in the pilot but still early days for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,299 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Just watched the first episode last night. Very sharp dialogue. I'll stick with it for a while. Is Morty always this whiny? It was understandable in the pilot but still early days for me.

Keep watching it gets better and better.
    Morty is a bit whiny with his aw geeez but doesn't bother you after a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Philosophy Zombie

gmisk wrote: »
    Keep watching it gets better and better.
    Morty is a bit whiny with his aw geeez but doesn't bother you after a while.

Heard good things about it. It's nice starting out on new shows that received positive reviews. I'm late to the party as usual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,299 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Heard good things about it. It's nice starting out on new shows that received positive reviews. I'm late to the party as usual
    It's fantastic imo.
    I was late to it as well. Report back how you get on :)

Morty is Rick's teenage morale compass he's a whinny little runt with the power to talk Rick down at times but really he's the sidekick for the most part Red Shirt guy even, Rick is God definitely stick with it full of shock humour and a often very intense storyline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Not long now only 6 months :)

‘Rick and Morty’ Season 4 to Premiere in 2019
    “Rick and Morty” Season 4 is on it’s way!

The hit Adult Swim series is set to return for its fourth season in November 2019, it was announced Wednesday at the WarnerMedia upfront presentation in New York.

Season 4 will premiere just over two years after the finale of Season 3 in October 2017, the longest gap yet between seasons of the show. Over a year elapsed between the Season 1 finale in April 2014 and the Season 2 premiere in July 2015, while there was nearly a two year break between the end of Season 2 in October 2015 and the first episode of Season 3 on April Fools Day 2017. Season 3 then resumed in July of that year.

It was announced last May that Adult Swim had given “Rick and Morty” a massive 70-episode order, which will bring the series to 101 episodes. The order is part of a new long-term deal the network has signed with series creators Justin Roiland and Dan Harmon.

The series has proven to be a ratings goldmine for Adult Swim, with the Season 3 finale scoring a 3.9 rating in adults 18-24 and a 3.2 in adults 18-34 in Nielsen’s Live+Same Day numbers, the highest ratings in network history.

The series follows a sociopathic genius scientist who drags his inherently timid grandson on insanely dangerous adventures across the multi-verse. Roiland voices both Rick and Morty. The series also features the voices of Chris Parnell, Spencer Grammer, and Sarah Chalke.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/rick-and-morty-season-4-premiere-date-1203215745/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Too long without pickle rick

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Fantastic news. Season 3 was generally excellent imo so hope they can keep the standard high.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭pnecilcaser

WOW I am delighted to read this but also a little nervous. Every episode is golden in terms of the quality of writing and the character development. I'm almost as interested in the videos you find on YouTube breaking down each episode as I am with the episodes themselves. But I hate to see good shows slowly decline in quality when it becomes so popular or someone just tries to turn it into a cash cow. That's why series like Black Books are great. Few seasons, amazing episodes.

Phoenix Person and Evil Morty bout to **** this place up. Hope we get more Squanchy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭shanec1928

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

It's time that Summer became more raunchy!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Threads merged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,086 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement

Starts November 10th with 5 new episodes.

Are they all being released at once do you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,127 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Thargor wrote: »
    Are they all being released at once do you know?

No, weekly. The full season isn't even coming out weekly, I think we get 6 episodes and then it takes a break for a few weeks until after Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭SSr0

Starts November 10th with 5 new episodes.

No sign of it yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Won't air until tonight US time.

Here's a countdown clock someone put up
    https://www.tickcounter.com/countdown/1565493/rick-and-morty-season-4

Over 14 hours left at time of posting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Will the All4 Player have it up in the morning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Just read Channel 4 won't be showing it until January. Think I'll be sailing the 7 seas in the morning to catch it.

Really? They probably paid a fortune for the rights and everyone will have pirated it by then.

Thargor wrote: »
    Really? They probably paid a fortune for the rights and everyone will have pirated it by then.

It's ridiculous that in this day and age it isn't simulcast.

What fan of the show would sit on their hands for 2 months waiting for it? I mean between clips, YouTube and other discussion sites it'll be spoilered to death by then.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

What idiot decided that? They fork out for the rights and then don't even use them? At least when Netflix had the rights, they aired them the next day. What are the execs thinking?

Advertisement