Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPod 5th generation

• 23-12-2013 1:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi
    Anyone know where I could get an iPod touch 5th gen. I tried CompuB and Argos, also Harvey Norman without luck.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hi
    Anyone know where I could get an iPod touch 5th gen. I tried CompuB and Argos, also Harvey Norman without luck.

PC World - http://www.pcworld.ie/action/searchsite/ipod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭bop1977

Tesco argus.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭cortinaG

Santa brought our two kids 5th generation ipods and I am absolutely disgusted with the fact that it has no rear facing camera.
    I never was an apple fan anyway, I figured they would have been more than happy with a tablet but why not do away with the 'selfie' camera instead.
    If you haven't got one yet, I assume you have, I personally wouldn't advise it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭makoten

The iPod Touch 5th generation 16GB model is only available in one color, lacks the rear 5 megapixel iSight camera and the iPod Touch Loop that is included in the 32GB/64GB models.

Personally I think Apple made a bad move by releasing a 16GB model with such a significant feature removed, not every consumer is aware that there's a difference between the 16GB and 32GB/64GB models.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Did you not check out speck prior to purchase?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭cortinaG

I checked out the obvious ones like processor, resolution, dimensions etc, ever since the first camera phones came out they had a rear facing camera, front facing was an added luxury as they progressed,
    in all fairness, it's nigh on impossible to take a pic or video with a front facing camera, it's pure guesswork.
    I know two kids that aren't going to be lifelong apple customers, that's for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Ah it's terrible alright.

I was almost caught out too only for I got the extra storage I would be hopping mad too.

It appears to me apple made a downgraded iPod to flog over Xmas and catch people out.

If I was you I'd be contacting apple and complaining very strongly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Since a couple of generations ago the entry-level iPod Touch has sometimes involved a 'gotcha' so you need to keep your eyes peeled to make sure you know what you're getting and not getting.

For example, the 3rd gen iTouch was launched with 32GB and 64Gb models but Apple kept an 8GB option which under the covers was actually 2nd generation h/w but that didn't stop the shops from flogging them as 3rd gen models.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭rustynutz

I have a brand new 32GB still in the sealed box if Op is interested in it, they are €329 on Apple website, will sell a lot cheaper if interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

rustynutz wrote: »
    I have a brand new 32GB still in the sealed box if Op is interested in it, they are €329 on Apple website, will sell a lot cheaper if interested

I may be interested. What kind of price are you looking at. Pm me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭rustynutz

Ipod now sold

Advertisement