Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 wireless problems

Options
  • 23-12-2013 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭

Is there some sort of knack/restriction to connecting over wireless?

I've just set mine up over a wired connection, downloaded the update, etc . . . but now I want to move it to a location which isn't as easy to wire in. I went through the wireless setup - it found the SSID (so it can see the network) no problem, but it won't accept the password. There doesn't seem to be any option for configuring anything other than the password. I've tried it with the original network cable plugged in and unplugged, but nothing. Reboot, re-try, nothing.

Is there a knack to this, or a known issue about standing in the corner of the room with a wire hanger while doing the setup?

z

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

zagmund wrote: »

I've just set mine up over a wired connection, downloaded the update, etc . . . but now I want to move it to a location which isn't as easy to wire in. I went through the wireless setup - it found the SSID (so it can see the network) no problem, but it won't accept the password. There doesn't seem to be any option for configuring anything other than the password. I've tried it with the original network cable plugged in and unplugged, but nothing. Reboot, re-try, nothing.

Is there a knack to this, or a known issue about standing in the corner of the room with a wire hanger while doing the setup?

z

I'd imagine you're using the wrong password.
    Make sure you're capitalising if required, or the zero is not an oh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Can any of your other devices connect ok to the wireless AP from the same location in the room?
    What WIFI signal strength is the PS4 reporting?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AGoodison

z

Are you selecting the right password security such as wep or wpa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

I've powered it off for the moment, but I'm definitely using the correct password. I went through the manual config and set it to WPA2 which is what the AP is set to. Other devices can connect no problem. It's weird. I'm going to leave it wired for the moment and work out the wireless issue after Christmas.

Thanks,

z

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

I've powered it off for the moment, but I'm definitely using the correct password. I went through the manual config and set it to WPA2 which is what the AP is set to. Other devices can connect no problem. It's weird. I'm going to leave it wired for the moment and work out the wireless issue after Christmas.

Thanks,

z

You would probably be better off getting a long Ethernet cable as the wireless on the PS4 is terrible ,i have mine about 4 ft from a router and it struggles to pick it up.Even if you get it connected it will be pretty useless for gaming as it will constantly drop the signal and useless for downloading games and updates. .I connected it directly to the router and it is now working flawlessly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Advertisement