Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc 1070 zone open (closed on multimeter)

Options
  • 23-12-2013 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Hi I have a problem with a zone and can't arm the system as the panel thinks it's open, when read by a mulitimeter the zone is closed, my fluke meter won't read small resistance values so I can't tell the resistance, any ideas guys? There are three inertia/reed sensors on the zone and all has worked no problem since I installed the system early this year! Thanks Shane

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Bridge it at the panel ?

Should do the panel vs. wiring elimination for you

If its not the panel go to each inertia/reed sensor in turn and bridge them one by one

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭ShanE90

gctest50 wrote: »
    Bridge it at the panel ?

Should do the panel vs. wiring elimination for you

If its not the panel go to each inertia/reed sensor in turn and bridge them one by one

Ok I've found the culprit window sensor but here's the confusing bit...window closed and tamper open, panel shows zone closed tamper open that's ok...put the lid on the sensor the panel shows zone open and tamper closed (window still closed) confused!! This is a new sensor btw so can't be that

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Sounds like there is a short between the tamper zone and the alarm zone somewhere, Close off the tamper in the panel and see if the zone works then.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭ShanE90

Ok so it turns out to be a faulty tamper circuit as when bridged out in panel all is ok. It's unlikely the cables could have been damaged unless by a mouse in the attic so I'm putting it down to water droplets from the windows condensating in the sensor, has anyone had this before and if so how can it be prevented? It's a north facing room and bathroom so there could be some steam from showering ect condensing on the windows!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You can silicone around the seals of the sensor ,It may increase the life but there are no guarantees.

• Advertisement
Advertisement