Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drumcondra to Deloitte

Options
  • 23-12-2013 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

How long roughly would it take to go from drumcondra over to Deloitte via bus every morning?

Starting work there in Jan and looking at a place in Drumcondra, google maps is saying 27 mins betwen bus and walking at 8am but is that accurate?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Might be helpful if you told us where the office was rather than just posting the company name.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭geoffrie1

January wrote: »
    Might be helpful if you told us where the office was rather than just posting the company name.

Oh sorry, Deloitte, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Where in Drumcondra?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Deloitte is next to the National Concert Hall, a few minutes away from the Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭micar

Number 11 goes through Drumcondra and goes up Leeson St.

How about doing a practice run some morning before you start.

• Advertisement

Where in Drumcondra?

Chapelgate Alphonsius Road, Drumcondra

micar wrote: »
    Number 11 goes through Drumcondra and goes up Leeson St.

How about doing a practice run some morning before you start.

I saw that yeah, i'm just wondering how accurate is google maps for how long it will take. I'm not actually from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

geoffrie1 wrote: »
    Chapelgate Alphonsius Road, Drumcondra

I live in Drumcondra and work in Dublin 2 and also leave in the morning at 8. I usually get in by about 8.40, there are bus lanes practically the whole way in so it's not too bad. You've a few options with buses too, the 16 stops on College Green. The buses can be very full though and a lot of them can be too full to take any more passengers by the time they get to Drumcondra village. I've started getting the 123 instead, it's a longer walk to the bus stop but I get on near the start of the route so there are always seats. That goes through Marino/Ballybough and I get off on D'olier St.

I live in Drumcondra and work in Dublin 2 and also leave in the morning at 8. I usually get in by about 8.40, there are bus lanes practically the whole way in so it's not too bad. You've a few options with buses too, the 16 stops on College Green. The buses can be very full though and a lot of them can be too full to take any more passengers by the time they get to Drumcondra village. I've started getting the 123 instead, it's a longer walk to the bus stop but I get on near the start of the route so there are always seats. That goes through Marino/Ballybough and I get off on D'olier St.

Thank you, what about the 11 bus? This is what google is showing for me.

http://i.imgur.com/lxjj6TL.png

• Advertisement

geoffrie1 wrote: »
    I saw that yeah, i'm just wondering how accurate is google maps for how long it will take. I'm not actually from Dublin.

Depends on traffic. Manic in the mornings. Would you consider going in for 8 rather than 9?
    Traffic can also awful in the evenings.

I used to live near the DCU and always hated getting the 11/13 bus. I was able to get 9/4/83 as well which did not do through Drumcondra.

Would you cycle?????

Would you not get the train from Drumcondra to Pearse St and walk from there? You'd get used to the walk from Pearse to the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

OP - the bus times on google maps are coming from the Dublin Bus working timetables, so they ought to be fairly reliable.

You do have a few options from Drumcondra:
    11 to St Stephen's Green/Lower Leeson Street
    16 to Camden Street

From Botanic Road:
    9 to Camden Street
    83 to Camden Street
    140 to Earlsfort Terrace

Go to either google maps, or www.a-b.ie and enter precise locations. You are looking at a journey time of 30/35 minutes including the walk at peak times.

Download the NTA National Journey Planner app - it's very useful.

Advertisement