Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Fish and Chips in Waterford?

Options
  • 23-12-2013 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭

Hi all, Just wondering where to bring a visitor to have the best fish and chips in waterford, I like the one in Cleaboy but dont mind going to Tramore?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭sonyvision

Hi all, Just wondering where to bring a visitor to have the best fish and chips in waterford, I like the one in Cleaboy but dont mind going to Tramore?

Jonny walkers was always my favourite tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

sonyvision wrote: »
    Jonny walkers was always my favourite tbh

Sorry for being ignorant but where is johnhy walkers? is that the one down from the cop shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭leduke

Sorry for being ignorant but where is johnhy walkers? is that the one down from the cop shop?

yeah the street opposite the station, it's called mayor's walk. johnny walkers is across from nicky's bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I have to second Johnny Walkers, definitely the best fish and chips in the town in my opinion. Be wary of the blind love for Dooleys, its average at best. Johnny Walkers is on Mayors Walk down from the Tap Room and opposite O Regans pub. Enjoy.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Yes and they have a special offer today buy 1 fish and get 1 free ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 -toyota-

I would consider The Marian the best chipper in Waterford, quality food

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Johnny Walkers is far from the best chipper but for fish and chips you cant beat it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭ex_infantry

has to be humdingers @the cove on the dunmore road, best chips in town

• Registered Users Posts: 40 lynchie2012

Ballybricken takeaway for me anyhow nice big fish and plenty chips u never finish it

• Registered Users Posts: 40 lynchie2012

Ballybricken takeaway for me anyhow nice big fish and plenty chips u never finish it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭TheBoffin

I would recommend dooleys either in Tramore or down by the park.

What would also be worth a try is the Fish & Chips in McLearys on High Street. (Website)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

Do any chippers here really know how to cook their fish?

They all seem to fry it, leave it in the warmers then fry it again when someone wants it. So you end up with the fish overlooked and the batter stodgy. Awful.

Fish should be dipped in batter and cooked once, ideally in lard, not ancient oil.

Do any fish and chip shops do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

They all seem to fry it, leave it in the warmers then fry it again when someone wants it. So you end up with the fish overlooked and the batter stodgy. Awful.

Fish should be dipped in batter and cooked once, ideally in lard, not ancient oil.

haven't seen anyone in town do that. I think O'Sheas in Dunmore always have the fresh catch of the day, usually have 4 fish on offer. Its very nice, but can't vouch for how they cook it etc but its lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Im glad you said that and not me, cos thats what i wanted to ask, I really think what lets some chippers down is that they dont change the oil enough. you can taste fresh oil a mile off!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I always thought johnny walkers was lard but not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Ye Johhny Walkers use lard I often watched them drop in a big lump does not look at all healthy but what a taste,still prefer ballybricken take away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Brennan's on the Cork Road beside Dunphys. Great fish and chips, always fresh.

Best ever was Cunningham's Tramore, not the same now they are gone

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Demonical

I think the Golden Fry at the end of the Folly is the nicest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭ex_infantry

Demonical wrote: »
    I think the Golden Fry at the end of the Folly is the nicest
    depends on what time ya go in there at!

Advertisement