Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Down! - League Statistics (End of Season 1 Edition)

Options
  • 23-12-2013 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

Following on from the first edition a couple of months ago, I thought I'd do another one of these to pass a bit of the boredom between not making the playoffs and waiting for the new season to start.

Some format as before, it's just a quick sentence or two on each team with a statistic or piece of information that people may find interesting. They may be positive or negative (really it's dependent on whichever jumps out at me first).

AFC East:

Jets - Berty will be happy with rookie Geno Smith's contribution this year, not least because he threw a league low 8 INT's and his completion % was a league high among starters (81%).

Patriots - Recovering 8 and losing only 1 of their 9 fumbles gives the Patriots the highest fumble:recovery ratio in the league.

Dolphins - Of teams who had some sort of human control, the Dolphins went for it on 4th down a league high 12 times, converting 9 of those attempts (75%).

Bills - The Bills registered a league worst 14.6 points per game.

AFC North:

Bengals - The Bengals finished the season as the best ranked defense in the league, giving up only 4,496 yards all year.

Ravens - Justin Tucker was one of only three kickers (alongside Prater and Gostowski) to miss an extra point attempt this season.

Browns - The Browns may need to look at some protection for Weeden in the draft or free agency as he was the most sacked human QB (50 sacks).

Steelers - CB William Gay was the least effective corner in the league, allowing 20 catches.

AFC South:

Texans - Arian Foster was the most effective 'yards after catch' player this year, with 1,308 of his yards gained after the catch. The next best had 845 (Demaryius Thomas).

Colts - The Colts only conceded one penalty all year (a 5 yarder), a league low.

Titans - The Titans were not good defensively in the red zone. They gave up a score on 97% of their opponents red zone trips, with 38 TD's and 9 FG's on 48 trips.

Jaguars - MLB Paul Posluszny was a tackling machine, registering a league high 121 tackles.

AFC West:

Chiefs - Whatever the Chiefs gave up for Kenny Britt, it was worth it. Britt had a league high 2,048 receiving yards.

Broncos - Peyton Manning was just as good as his real life counterpart, posting a league high 5,924 passing yards on the season.

Chargers - The Chargers gave the ball away 18 more times than any one else this season (50 times).

Raiders - RT Khalif Barnes was the footballing equivalent of a sieve as he allowed a league high 27 sacks.

NFC East:

Cowboys - Romo led the league with 61 TD passes. The next highest was Manning with 54.

Giants - Kicker John Potter probably has his bags packed already. He had a league worst 50% conversion rate, although he did kick the (joint) longest field goal this season (56 yards).

Redskins - Ryan Kerrigan led linebackers in tackles for a loss and sacks categories, with 24 tackles for a loss and 13 sacks on the season.

Eagles - Eagles led the league in pass defense, with 4,797 yards conceded for the season. They were also only second to the Chiefs in run defense with 1,237 yards conceded on the ground.

NFC North:

Bears - The Bears led the league in getting to the QB with 50 sacks.

Packers - Green Bay scored almost every time they got the ball in the red zone, with a 96% efficiency rating. (42 TD's and 15 FG's on 59 trips).

Lions - Reggie Bush was the poorest starting RB in the league, going for an average of 42.2 yards per game.

Vikings - The Vikings offense was superb and finished the season with 4,221 yards through the air and 3,360 on the ground. Patterson had the most receiving TD's (25) and Peterson shattered virtually every record he could.

NFC South:

Saints - Drew Brees was the best protected starting QB in the league this year, suffering only 7 sacks. Tyler Bray will be glad of that level of protection next season.

Bucs - If Peterson was to disappear, Doug Martin would take the top RB honours. He was far and away the second best RB in the league with 2,948 yards and 39 TD's.

Falcons - The Falcons had the worst defense among human teams, ranking only below the CPU Raiders and Jaguars, allowing 6,550 yards for the season and conceding the most points overall in the league (592).

Panthers - Center Ryan Kalil was the least effective player at that position, giving up 5 sacks and 0 pancake blocks.

NFC West:

49ers - Kapernick led all QB's in rushing yards with 1,092 yards, Cam was next best with 789.

Seahawks - Steven Hauschka was the most accurate kicker for the season, with a 92% success rate on 27 kicks and a long of 51 yards. Beast Mode was also the hardest player to bring down, with a league high 31 broken tackles.

Cardinals - The Cardinals were yellow flag magnets, drawing 42 penalties for a total of 428 penalty yards, a league high.

Rams - The Rams had the worst 3rd down conversion % in the league (31%).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Ryan Kerrigan was my player of the year by a distance, some man.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Sean Lee for me, beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Lacy for me, a runaway train most games.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Jimmy Graham was the Saints player of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Needless to say, Arian "SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN" Foster was the Texans MVP.

:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Needless to say, Arian "SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN" Foster was the Texans MVP.

:p

This actually made me Laugh Heartily....til i remembered he beat me every time with it :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Darius Reynaud was the Colts player of the season, picked him in week 6 i think from FA and he finished the season with nearly 1300 yards rushing and 21 TD's.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

LOLB Justin Houston for the Chiefs,pretty much leads all the Chiefs players stats wise,63 TAK 23TFL 12sacks 7 ints

Advertisement