Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Looking for second hand Micra wheels

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Ming Yuan

My car wheels size is 175/60 R15, two of them need to be replaced, but can't find the same size, so can I change two 195/65 R15 instead, if not, can I change four 195/65 R15? will this be allowed to pass NCT, or I must find exactly the same size as 175/60 R15 for passing the NCT, hope someone can help me out, thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Wheelnut

The sizes you quote are tyre sizes, not wheel sizes, and 175/60/15 seems to be available, here are some:

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m53b0s409p0/Car_Tyres_-_MPV_Tyres_-_People_Carrier_Tyres_-_15_inch_R15_inch_-_175_60_15_175_60R15

and here are some more:

http://www.oponeo.ie/tyre-finder/car-tyres/175-60-r15

I need to change the rim as well, but the new rim from the Nissan dealer cost 75 euros, so I am looking for some second hand wheels from adverds and gumtree, and hard to get them

I think you should be OK with the NCT if the wheels and tyres match on each axle. The new size you are considering is bigger than the old so you need to make sure that they do not rub against the body, brakes or suspension. Before you buy new wheels you will also need to be sure that the PCD is the same, that is that the bolt holes in the wheel are the correct distance apart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Let's keep your wheel questions in one thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

195/65 is more than a little bit bigger.
    Just buy a set of 4 alloys with tyres. Loads on donedeal etc.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    195/65 is more than a little bit bigger.

The over-all diameter is increased by 43.5mm and the width is increased by 20mm.

So, it's too big, isn't it? I understand the width is increased by 20mm, but why the overall diameter increased by that much, I think it's increased by 2*(65-60)=10mm, and the overall Circumference increased by 31.4mm. anyway, should I looking for the smaller size for better fitting in? something like 175/55 R15.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The 60/65 is a percentage of the width, so a 175/60 would have a sidewall 60% of 175.
    A 195/65 would have a sidewall 65% of 195.

• Advertisement

Thanks very much, so I better to get a little bit smaller size

Advertisement