Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wooden Socket Plugs

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

eBay "wood sockets". They look naff though.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Gangu

You think so? We have a parquet floor in our hall, so I was thinking it'd be nice for that one room.

Anyone else able to suggest a reputable Irish seller?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

I second fixed a house 3 years ago and the owner had to source them from the UK, she did alot of enquiring here in Ireland but failed to get a suppplier to match or come close to the UK supplier, would you consider going with brass maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Gangu wrote: »
    I just love these wooden socket plugs by Olivers. . .

PLUG/WALL SOCKETS.

The plug goes into the socket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

LordSutch wrote: »
    PLUG/WALL SOCKETS.

The plug goes into the socket.
    Thanks for the top tip there ;)

• Advertisement

I left myself wide open to that one. Tip the hat to you there LordSutch, now can you help with the query?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

You think so? We have a parquet floor in our hall, so I was thinking it'd be nice for that one room.

I meant the eBay ones, but yes, I do think that generally they're pretty tacky. Personally, I would only use them as replacements for genuine ones. Possibly they might work in a room with a significant wood element - a den, for example - but possibly not. But each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭liveandnetural

i know a fella who got them wooden sockets he said they were no good that they.......... woodnt work :)

CJhaughey wrote: »

Thanks CJH. They dont ship to Ireland but that more like the price I'd go for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Thanks CJH. They dont ship to Ireland but that more like the price I'd go for.
    They should post here, if they don't Parcelmotel is your friend.

Advertisement