Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guy Martin Prog.

• 23-12-2013 11:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,637 ✭✭✭

New programme with Guy Martin starting Sun. 29th Dec. on Channel 4

Link

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Kat1170 wrote: »
    New programme with Guy Martin starting Sun. 29th Dec. on Channel 4

Link

Does it have subtitles? :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Does it have subtitles? :pac::pac:

AYE lad........:D

Ermmmm...no one watch this then, or is it because Rossi isnt in it.....:p

Enjoyable hour of christmas telly......must be frightening , tailgating a truck at 112 mph....on a bicycle.......:eek:

cuppa...??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Brilliant show, fair play to the team for that attempt, it looked mad!
    I'd love to see them try that on a salt lake where the sand and distance wouldn't be as much a problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,391 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Only seeing this thread now, will record it. It's being repeated tonight and tomorrow night on 4seven, and on Saturday on Channel 4.

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

Great show really looking forward to next weeks

Fair play to him, he broke the record anyway

The chap is just bonkers though, you would no by the look of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,391 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Gah!! Use spoilers!! :p

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

the guy's a legend! still don't think he has a TT win in him yet tho!

nerrad1983 wrote: »
    Fair play to him, he broke the record anyway

Although he only beat it by 2mph....which is a bit sh!t considering the technology he was using, compared to the 110 mph speed...the 100 record was set in 1953.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Although he only beat it by 2mph....which is a bit sh!t...

Not really. There is very little commercial advantage to blitzing the record. Sure look up how many times the high jumper Sergei Bubka broke the world record.

From Wikipedia : ...and broke the world record for men's pole vaulting 35 times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Although he only beat it by 2mph....which is a bit sh!t considering the technology he was using, compared to the 110 mph speed...the 100 record was set in 1953.........

I'd say he would have blitzed it if he were driving on a road with race tyres as opposed to sand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I wasn't familiar with this lad at all until I seen the show. Great screen presence, great show, can't wait for the next installation.

KTRIC wrote: »
    I wasn't familiar with this lad at all until I seen the show. Great screen presence, great show, can't wait for the next installation.

He is sound BIG TIME, no airs or graces. I met him at the ULSTER GP and it was like talking to a lad you use to go to school with. Unlike a certain Micky Dunlop that is like a spoilt child. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,615 ✭✭✭prunudo

RosieJoe wrote: »
    I'd say he would have blitzed it if he were driving on a road with race tyres as opposed to sand.

Did they say why he did it sand, if the previous guy did it on a closed motorway how come they didn't try it on something like a runway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

jvan wrote: »
    Did they say why he did it sand, if the previous guy did it on a closed motorway how come they didn't try it on something like a runway.
    None long enough that are able to be shut down for the required time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,615 ✭✭✭prunudo

CJhaughey wrote: »
    None long enough that are able to be shut down for the required time.

Cheers, watched the programme but must have missed that part.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Thomas D

Watch the TT documentary which he is kind of the star. He's a funny guy in every sense of the word but very watch able.

Think Guy is the next Fred Dibnah ...............top bloke was our Fred....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

What thomasD said. Go off and watch TT: Closer to the Edge. Come back and thank us later

Cienciano wrote: »
    What thomasD said. Go off and watch TT: Closer to the Edge. Come back and thank us later

OR.....make a date to attend some road races in 2014...and actually meet the guy....he's even funnier in person.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I really enjoyed it, looking forward to the other ones. He's a cool guy, really does not give a sh1t! I would like to see him win a TT, although he has stated that once he wins one, that's it, he won't be going for any more, which I find strange.

Give the "Closer to the Edge" movie a watch if you have not seen it.

Zascar wrote: »
    I would like to see him win a TT, although he has stated that once he wins one, that's it, he won't be going for any more, which I find strange.

Give the "Closer to the Edge" movie a watch if you have not seen it.

Its the ultimate big one, unlike the smaller RR in Ireland the risk is multiplied alot for the TT due to the speed. So if he wins it I dont think he wants to take the same risks again when he can get his kicks doing the smaller RR which are still dangerous. Then again he is an adrenaline junkie so I doubt he would give it up.

Deffo mad in the head to do any kind of RR TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

There are a good few Guy haters out there, constantly banging on that he can't win a TT, but i think the lad is a legend!! And i would really love to see him do well this year at it event though he did say the TT is only a warmup for the southern 100 hehehehe!!

You might also look for a docu he did called "the boat that guy built" good viewing :)

Alright Chief!! Brew? :)

I think why alot of people dont like him is because he goes around like he is broke and has not got a pot to piss in, even before the TV work came along. When truth be told he comes from an extremely wealthy family.....people dont like people with money.

I think he is a legend TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I think why alot of people dont like him is because he goes around like he is broke and has not got a pot to piss in, even before the TV work came along. When truth be told he comes from an extremely wealthy family.....people dont like people with money.

Hated on biker.ie. But they hate everyone, or you're banned if you don't say you hate him :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

There's a cool doc on YouTube where he visits the Orange bicycle factory. His manner is pure Fred Dibnah. Good watch too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

And if he acted like he has loads of money people would hate him too.... if he acts just like himself (which he probably does) they hate him..

Fcuk the begrudgers, he's the most likable rider there is at the moment. He's a marketers dream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

On last night; quite a good episode I thought. Fair dues out on the water

Wouldnt fancy going head first into water at that speed...in full bike gear...he really has no fear..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Brilliant program, I really enjoyed it! He's a right nutter but a very likeable guy I have to say. I've seen videos online of guys aqua plaining for dozens of meters on normal bikes. I wonder why they did not get the people who do that to consult?

Advertisement