Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guy Martin Prog.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

I met Guy at an autograph signing in Bikeworld - I think it was two years ago - one of the reasons I went was my 7 year old daughter wanted to meet him. Now I do know that he was there at the behest of Dainese and AGV to whom he is under contract but he was at the table signing autographs talking to people and posing for photos most of the day - I believe he didn't even stop for lunch and apologized to the people waiting when he had to leave and go for a comfort break. We spend 4 or 5 minutes chatting with him, got the requisite photos and autographs and he spent some time talking in particular to my daughter.

I do know that some people have issues with him - he was vilified by a poster over on biker dot aye e some months back over some issue at the TT where the guy was waiting for an autograph and there were a few complaints that he was off-hand with a few people who were looking for stuff to be signed at the bike show in March last year.

My one experience of him however has been to the contrary - just my tuppence worth.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Any link to that thread on biker.ie? My experience is that all of the TT riders are very nice people. Whenever I've been over having a walk around the paddocks you can often see the riders chatting with the punters. John McGuinness is a very down to earth lad. I saw Guy Martin several times riding around on his pushbike at night just seeing what's going on - was happy to say hello and wave to people.

You don't really get that in Formula 1.

Zascar wrote: »
    Any link to that thread on biker.ie? My experience is that all of the TT riders are very nice people. Whenever I've been over having a walk around the paddocks you can often see the riders chatting with the punters. John McGuinness is a very down to earth lad. I saw Guy Martin several times riding around on his pushbike at night just seeing what's going on - was happy to say hello and wave to people.

You don't really get that in Formula 1.

Big thread here - lots of differing opinions - trying to find the actual thread where some guy goes on a rant over not getting an autograph

http://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=185936

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Interesting. Just read the whole thing there. There are two sides to every story but I think some of the begrudgery is unfair. One of the reasons people like him is cause he does whatever the hell he wants. In the early days he was not bothered about the fame, attention and money, but now he's doing a few things and making a few quid - fair play to him. He's hardly Miley Cirus ffs. I really hate it when people have done well for themselves, get a few nice toys and then get pissed on because of it. Sometimes the most successful people are not the ones who do the hard graft for 100 years, but the clever ones who 'work smarter not harder'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

josh59 wrote: »
    Big thread here - lots of differing opinions - trying to find the actual thread where some guy goes on a rant over not getting an autograph

http://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=185936
    Interesting, i assumed the default position on biker would be to dislike him, but in fairness, almost everyone likes him.
    The begrudgery from admin on that thread is funny. Dislikes him because he has a few quid!

• Advertisement

Enjoyed the program last night - at this rate Guy will be one of the fittest raod racers around this season !!

I didn't think last nights one was as good. Seemed like despite a team of scientists and modern technologies, they did not do anywhere near as well as the German father and son team in the 70's. Still enjoyable. Pressure is on for Guy this year! I really would love to see him get a win though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Notch000

great show but i thought the aqua planning one was a bit of a cop out with the skid fairing added to the bottom of the bike, didnt seem right to me

Advertisement