Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USPS Package Tracking not Active

Options
  • 23-12-2013 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello Everyone.

On the 2nd of December I ordered myself some items from Teespring which is based in USA. There was a slight delay in shipping, but It finally started moving.
    On the 18th it arrived in the first sorting facility at Anaheim, California. The next day it left and the next day it arrived in the Los Angeles (90009, CA) sorting facility which I believe is the international sorting facility. On December 20, 2013 , 12:59 pm US time it got processed and it departed the same day. Now it has been three days since and I know it might be in a short period, but I have no idea or info, both USPS or AnPost if it is in Ireland.

Does anybody know at which airport do the packages fly to Europe or Ireland?

Thanks,
    Jakub

Which courier do you prefer? 6 votes

UPS
    0% 0 votes
    FedEx
    33% 2 votes
    DHL
    0% 0 votes
    GLS
    66% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jake1825

Heres the info from usps:

Destination Country - Ireland
    Origin Country - Usa

2013-12-20 00:00, Depart USPS Sort Facility, LOS ANGELES, CA 90009
    2013-12-20 12:59, Processed through USPS Sort Facility, LOS ANGELES, CA 90009
    2013-12-19 00:00, Depart USPS Sort Facility, ANAHEIM, CA 92899
    2013-12-18 18:07, Processed through USPS Sort Facility, ANAHEIM, CA 92899
    2013-12-06 00:00, Electronic Shipping Info Received
    ======================================

I have no idea if its in air or somewhere in europe. People say "They do not track worldwide. Once it leaves the USA it stops tracking. I got my package delivered and it still said its in USA".

Should I call them or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Normally with USPS tracked parcels, once they arrive in Ireland they are trackable on the an post website.
    With Christmas holidays and high volumes of parcels I'd expect delays. Keep trying the an post tracking over the next few days.

Yes I have tried the AnPost tracking website with the same tracking code. They don't have it. People say that sometimes they put some of the parcels on ships and could take up to 3 weeks. But why on ships if it got sorted on the airport, where the international sorting facility is. It started the journey on the 18th and tomorrow is going to be one week since the last update. Aslo due to Christmas and New Yearld I am starting to think that it will arrive in the new year...

I don't really need it for now as it is only clothes but USPS really suck in comparison to UPS. I once got an Apple package (i ordered a blue nessie from apple store) through UPS and the tracking was even precise in Ireland.

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

jake1825 wrote: »
    USPS really suck in comparison to UPS.

USPS = agency of the federal government of the United States
    UPS = private company

You shouldn't expect any updates on the USPS site after your parcel leaves their facility. I've often found that items with a tracking number on USPS never show up on the An Post site (even though they are eventually delivered)

Your poll doesn't make sense either, GLS is not a global carrier

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 jackwogan

December 10, 2013 , 7:01 am
    Processed Through Sort Facility
    ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
    December 10, 2013 , 6:42 am
    Arrived at Sort Facility
    ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
    December 6, 2013
    Depart USPS Sort Facility
    SYRACUSE, NY 13220
    December 6, 2013 , 3:19 am
    Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility
    SYRACUSE, NY 13220
    December 5, 2013 , 6:03 pm
    Dispatched to Sort Facility
    VESTAL, NY 13850
    December 5, 2013 , 11:26 am
    Acceptance
    VESTAL, NY 13850

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 jackwogan

I emailed usps and this is there reply.
    Dear Ms. xxxxxx,
    Thank you for contacting the United States Postal Service regarding your International delivery.

Unfortunately we are unable to assist you with an inquiry on the expected mail item. Per Universal Postal Union (UPU) regulations, inquiries on articles mailed to international destinations may be filed by the sender or the addressee with their own postal administrations. Please contact your postal administration to file an inquiry on this article and ensure the tracking number is provided for assistance.

The exchange of international mail is governed by the Convention of the UPU and the Postal Parcels Agreement to which all member countries are signatories. The Convention and the Agreement set forth the methods of exchange, the inquiry procedures, the limits of liability, the determination of responsibility, and the payment of indemnity for international mail articles.

What am I supposed to do now...anpost have not got it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,260 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I ordered from teespring on the 9th, they had shipping problems and it wasn't sent until the 21st. I got it yesterday.

Give it some more time and it might arrive.

Oat23 wrote: »
    I ordered from teespring on the 9th, they had shipping problems and it wasn't sent until the 21st. I got it yesterday.

Give it some more time and it might arrive.

Same here! I got my Teespring twitch.tv package yesterday. It also had some problems and it went on the 20/21 and it got here yesterday.

Advertisement