Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EFibre Roll-Out Date Changed

Options
  • 24-12-2013 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

We chose Eircom over UPC as our internet provide 6 months ago and a big reason for this was that the efibre website had the Crowne Alley ward in Dublin earmarked for efibre at the end of 2013. 

Our deal had us at €35 for 6 months, and then the second 6 months at €50. I thought this was a fair trade off seeing as how we were due an upgrade at that point.

I've just checked the map now and it's now saying June 2014, at which point my contract will be up and I'll have moved out!

The wording of the bundle even mentioned our free upgrade to efibre but if the new dates are correct, this will never happen. Surely this is misleading advertising at the very least - we weren't even notified that we would now never be receiving efibre....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

We chose Eircom over UPC as our internet provide 6 months ago and a big reason for this was that the efibre website had the Crowne Alley ward in Dublin earmarked for efibre at the end of 2013. 

Our deal had us at €35 for 6 months, and then the second 6 months at €50. I thought this was a fair trade off seeing as how we were due an upgrade at that point.

I've just checked the map now and it's now saying June 2014, at which point my contract will be up and I'll have moved out!

The wording of the bundle even mentioned our free upgrade to efibre but if the new dates are correct, this will never happen. Surely this is misleading advertising at the very least - we weren't even notified that we would now never be receiving efibre....

Hi An Cuinneach

I'm sorry for the inconvenience and dissapointment this may cause. An upgrade to efibre is never a certainty as plans can change from time to time. I appreciate the wording gives reason to believe that an upgrade to efibre will be available but it's under the terms that this is only possible if efibre is available to your line. 

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭incubus

Hi An Cuinneach

I'm sorry for the inconvenience and dissapointment this may cause. An upgrade to efibre is never a certainty as plans can change from time to time. I appreciate the wording gives reason to believe that an upgrade to efibre will be available but it's under the terms that this is only possible if efibre is available to your line. 

Thanks

Al
    Hi Alan

I notice Crown Alley has been removed from the eFibre Rollout Map. Do you know if this is intentional or if there is an estimate for the eFibre upgrade?

Thanks
    Phil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

incubus wrote: »

Hi An Cuinneach

Thanks

Al
    Hi Alan

I notice Crown Alley has been removed from the eFibre Rollout Map. Do you know if this is intentional or if there is an estimate for the eFibre upgrade?

Thanks
    Phil
    Hi incubus

Plans to bring efibre to crown alley have been postponed and there is no date scheduled or planned at present. This will likely remain for the next couple of months so if you would like to check back with me towards the end of September I'll check the status of this again for you.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement