Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physics & Mediums

Options
  • 24-12-2013 1:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hi,

I am loving for a physics or mediums that are either in cork city centre or other part of cork that are easy get to by bus since i dont drive but i live in cork city centre.

My nan will be 4 months dead on 26th December and i miss her so much was real close to her. I been having scary nightmares about her and want go to a medium about this. Good few my friends have went to mediums but they are not from cork so advice be great on where to go, what number bus goes there if its not in town and how much it cost?

Thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Don't waste your money and dignity on those kind of people. Speak with a good friend or a sympathetic family member instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Even though I agree with previous poster that you probably talk to a counsellor instead, there is a dedicated forum for mediums.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1076

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Gummybear2013

robindch wrote: »
    Don't waste your money and dignity on those kind of people. Speak with a good friend or a sympathetic family member instead.

There not waste money my friend said was well worth it and got everything accurate names and events each to own tough. if anyone information please mail me or post here i want go to one

biko wrote: »
    Even though I agree with previous poster that you probably talk to a counsellor instead, there is a dedicated forum for mediums.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1076

Thanks for that i check into it and no thanks went to a counsellor did no good waste time and money for me i am going go one them that just me but thanks advice.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

I like to think I know quite a bit more than most on this subject so let me give you my 2c.

1) and lets get this out of the way right at the start - these people are frauds. to a man / woman. I could read your palm right now and you'd believe I'm a psychic.I've read books , spoken to psychics and cold readers - people who train people in these skills. And believe me its a skill.

2) however - this is about your peace of mind , and how you are feeling right now. Don't let anyone tell you how to grief or miss someone. we each do this in our own way. My family ,for instance, light candles in a big drafty church. Who am I to say one is right and the other is wrong ?

3) I would urge you to seek out a psychic / medium with a caring attitude , there are many listed on other threads here , I have seen (in Cork) Gypsy Rose Lee , the White Witch of Cobh. Both are very good , but I think for you Rose Lee would be a better fit.I do have her number - PM me if you want it.

To the other posters , its already been said that these people are fraudsters , but really is it about the message or the messenger ? I personally don't think its important how the message to be happy in yourself and let the deceased person go and get on with your life gets delivered. But I do think its important that someone who is hurting from a loss gets some comfort. Especially this time of year. If it costs 50 euro , so what ? to have peace of mind is more important than money.

TLDR : you know what OP ? if it gives you comfort , who cares if its real or not ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

There's already a thread about this in here, so not only do Cork people seem to be particularly susceptible to this kind of gullibility, they're also unable to search?

We're supposed to be a canny bunch down here folks, stop shaming us. Use your heads and read up about these con artists, instead of blindly following other he-said she-said sheep that swallow generalities like they're truths.

Start by googling James Randi, and watch and read what he has to say. You'll feel like a bit of a divot afterwards, but at least you won't make the same mistake again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

horgan_p wrote: »
    I like to think I know quite a bit more than most on this subject so let me give you my 2c.

1) and lets get this out of the way right at the start - these people are frauds. to a man / woman. I could read your palm right now and you'd believe I'm a psychic.I've read books , spoken to psychics and cold readers - people who train people in these skills. And believe me its a skill.

2) however - this is about your peace of mind , and how you are feeling right now. Don't let anyone tell you how to grief or miss someone. we each do this in our own way. My family ,for instance, light candles in a big drafty church. Who am I to say one is right and the other is wrong ?

3) I would urge you to seek out a psychic / medium with a caring attitude , there are many listed on other threads here , I have seen (in Cork) Gypsy Rose Lee , the White Witch of Cobh. Both are very good , but I think for you Rose Lee would be a better fit.I do have her number - PM me if you want it.

To the other posters , its already been said that these people are fraudsters , but really is it about the message or the messenger ? I personally don't think its important how the message to be happy in yourself and let the deceased person go and get on with your life gets delivered. But I do think its important that someone who is hurting from a loss gets some comfort. Especially this time of year. If it costs 50 euro , so what ? to have peace of mind is more important than money.

TLDR : you know what OP ? if it gives you comfort , who cares if its real or not ?

Whilst I'm not advocating the fraudster bit as I've never met a medium or psychic so can't comment, overall, well said

Guys, it's Christmas Eve and Gummybear only came on asking for recommendations...........not to be judged.

Thread is seeking recommendations only please

Andip wrote: »
    Whilst I'm not advocating the fraudster bit as I've never met a medium or psychic so can't comment, overall, well said

Guys, it's Christmas Eve and Gummybear only came on asking for recommendations...........not to be judged.

Thread is seeking recommendations only please

Thanks for sticking up me i will keep my mouth shut next time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pixielynch

Hi all, would anyone have contact details for the clairvoyant Stephanie in Cobh pls?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Olsky

They are all fraudsters and con artists who prey on the vunerable and gullible. Not sure I agree with those that say that some people find comfort and solace from being scammed and taken advantage of. Like being delusional is a good thing. It's not.
    James Randi has a long standing offer of a million dollars to anyone who could prove any sort of physic ability. Every physic that tried failed and money remains unclaimed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement