Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burning a DVD

Options
  • 24-12-2013 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭

I want to burn a disc but the film is too big to put on the disc. The film is 10.1 GB, the format is was MP4 but I converted it to .avi. Anyone know how to reduce the size from 10.1 so it will fit a a blank DVD disc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

MP4 gives a smaller filesize than avi. .MKV gives a much smaller filesize. Depending on the software you use, you can also reduce the bitrate, but the video quality will take a loss. 10.1GB to 4.4GB is asking a lot.

Your DVD player won't play the film unless the film has been converted to .vob

If you have an advanced blu-ray player, it will read just about every filetype you place on a blank DVD. Try a conversion to MKV and see how small you can get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

johndoe99 wrote: »
    MP4 gives a smaller filesize than avi. .MKV gives a much smaller filesize. Depending on the software you use, you can also reduce the bitrate, but the video quality will take a loss. 10.1GB to 4.4GB is asking a lot.

Your DVD player won't play the film unless the film has been converted to .vob

If you have an advanced blu-ray player, it will read just about every filetype you place on a blank DVD. Try a conversion to MKV and see how small you can get it.

I'll try that thanks and by the way .avi plays on dvd players as well as .vob

Advertisement