Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Charity Shop in Extravision premises, Tramore

Options
  • 24-12-2013 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,464 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know what charity the 'Charity Shop' is benefitting? I cannot see any indication on the shop. I have no problems at all about someone opening a secondhand shop and making a living out of it, but describing it as a 'Charity shop' if it is not is very unfair to all the volunteer-run shops.

Yes, Xtravision, typo!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭gary_walsh17

looksee wrote: »
    Does anyone know what charity the 'Charity Shop' is benefitting? I cannot see any indication on the shop. I have no problems at all about someone opening a secondhand shop and making a living out of it, but describing it as a 'Charity shop' if it is not is very unfair to all the volunteer-run shops.

Yes, Xtravision, typo!

Its the former charity shop that was across from Cahill's shop. It it benefiting the Save Ryan & Ethan Appeal http://saveryanandethan.com/ as far as I remember

• Registered Users Posts: 28,464 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Oh well that's fair enough! Thanks for saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 stupidname

It is called 'Loved Again Charity Shop' it was down by cahill before moving up the street to Xtravision. It is owned by the local scout group and also supports the Save Ryan and Ethan charity and every year 2 other local charities are nominates for a share in the years takings.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭gary_walsh17

Dragging up year old threads that were already answered???

• Registered Users Posts: 2 stupidname

Dragging up year old threads that were already answered???

Well
    Sorry, I didn't see the date and was only answering the question correctly !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

stupidname wrote: »
    Well
    Sorry, I didn't see the date and was only answering the question correctly !

Your first post on boards and your interrogated, and put back in your box.

I will just say welcome to boards stupidname.

Advertisement