Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turkey Pudding for Pets?

• 24-12-2013 10:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭

So, every year I make up a large "turkey pudding" for the lads (which now includes five cats and two dogs) I found the recipe in a cat menu book years ago. You basically throw in turkey mince, some bovril, a grated potato, grated parsnip, an egg, mix it all up and bake in a tray. They love it and each year it gets bigger to reflect our growing number of strays! Reading the papers recently there seems to be a lot of hype about giving dogs turkey, and suggestions that it might be bad for them. Having googled it, all I can find is the obvious warning about bones and a new one, turkey skin can cause pancreatitis :( (not an issue in the pud but good to know).

Any ideas boardsies? Is it time to switch to beef pud? :P

Advertisement