Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Trade In??

Options
  • 24-12-2013 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi All,

looking for a new laptop...

I have one currently but getting older and not up to the punishment I am giving it.

I do remember seeing somewhere that does trade ins and I may as well get something off the new one if I can.

Could possibly be Harvey Normans? Anyone else hear of this?

Thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Anywhere that takes trade ins usually offset it with more expensive laptops that you have to buy to get the trade in.

Could you do with a tablet? A 9/10 inch 200 euro tablet would put a 200 euro laptop to shame.

Just sell the laptop off then for 100 bucks on adverts.ie / done deal and your sorted.

Kindle fire 9 inch is a nice tablet. Great for browsing and video.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BFXRFO0/ref=fj

Spend more if you want of course but if your on a budget id definitely go for a tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

JShannow wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have one currently but getting older and not up to the punishment I am giving it.

I do remember seeing somewhere that does trade ins and I may as well get something off the new one if I can.

Thanks..
    Oh right you're looking for something off your new lap top? Don't go onto the Harvey Norman thread so you'll be called cheap and a beggar and if you do watch your grammar and spelling.

All joking aside would you not go and have your laptop given a clean up? I had that done awhile back in Manor Street PC Repair and my laptop was like new after he cleaned it up. It broke soon after due to an unrelated issue

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

3 things - :

1. Ram
    2. hard drive
    3. operating system
    Result : new laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

JShannow wrote: »
    Hi All,

Thanks..

Sony centre does it

Advertisement