Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thank you and Merry Christmas

Options
  • 24-12-2013 11:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭

The BOI Reps would like to wish you all a very merry Christmas and a peaceful new year. We would also like to thank you for all of your interesting and sometimes challenging queries posted here on Boards.ie. We are very much looking forward to being part of the Boards community in 2014.

We will be online, to assist with day to day banking queries, on Thursday the 26th from 10am until 2pm and on Friday the 27th from 10am until 4pm.

Thanks
    Tara and the Team.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Hello Tara.  I have made at least 5 attempts to post this question & each time it says its TOO SHORT so I am trying in this section.  My son ended up with a torn/damaged 10 Euro note during the Xmas period.  There is a piece missing on the right hand side.  Some of the figures are to be seem but a few are torn off.  What can I do with this note.   

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

hillbloom wrote: »
    Hello Tara.  I have made at least 5 attempts to post this question & each time it says its TOO SHORT so I am trying in this section.  My son ended up with a torn/damaged 10 Euro note during the Xmas period.  There is a piece missing on the right hand side.  Some of the figures are to be seem but a few are torn off.  What can I do with this note.   
    Hi hillbloom,

You would need to bring the note into a branch, as we would need to have a look at it before we can accept it.  Once there is no issues we will be happy to exchange the note.  

Regarding the message you received when you first tried to post this question, this is not an error message we are familiar with.  You would be best off contacting a Boards.ie rep to query this, they will be happy to assist you.

Many thanks

Seán

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dan111

hello ...i put a check in the bank on the 23rd of december and i went to an atm on the 31st and the check still didnt go into my acount. i can see the amount dat was on the check is in my account on the screen its just whenever i try to take it out it says i have not enough money in my account for dat transaction. the check was from another bank so i know it takes a few days to clear . but im just wondering will it take longer for the check to clear since i put it in when it was near to  ye.r xmas hols and when should i b able to take money out . thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

dan111 wrote: »
    hello ...i put a check in the bank on the 23rd of december and i went to an atm on the 31st and the check still didnt go into my acount. i can see the amount dat was on the check is in my account on the screen its just whenever i try to take it out it says i have not enough money in my account for dat transaction. the check was from another bank so i know it takes a few days to clear . but im just wondering will it take longer for the check to clear since i put it in when it was near to  ye.r xmas hols and when should i b able to take money out . thanks
    Hi dan111,

A non Bank of Ireland domestic cheque takes five working days to clear.  If you put it into your account on the 23/12/13 it should be cleared by the close of business on the 3/01/14. 

Many thanks

Seán

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Thanks Sean, I have sent a query to Boards re the messaging problem as I just tried again now & its still wont let me send it.  I have another question!! My friend was supposed to transfer money from her AIB account to my Bank of Ireland account last night (WED) but its not in my account yet. (Thurs 16.43)  How long does it take?  I am wondering did she send it at all. 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi hillbloom

We hope the issue with sending direct posts to us will be resolved shortly for you.

Just in response to your question, as the funds are being transferred by AIB, you will need to check with AIB directly to advise you of the time frame for transferring to ourselves. 

We do hope the funds are now showing in your account for you (just to mention Wednesday was a non banking day).

If you have any further questions, please ask. We are happy to help.

Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement