Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making brioche, not sure if its right, can I save it?

Options
  • 24-12-2013 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭

So I made brioche for the first time last night, following this recipe http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/festive-filled-brioche-centrepiece-baked-camembert

It was very wet and stocky when I was making it. I kept kneading it, in the mixer, and it never relly came together as a dough. It did seem to be how its described in the recipe, "thick cake like batter". I checked it this morning and its risen well so far, about an inch or 2 from escaping the bowl!

I gave it a little poke and it was still more like batter than dough. If I need to, can I add a little more flour as I give it another knead and shape it? Or will that ruin all the proving its done?

I know brioche is not like a normal dough, but having watched michel roux do it on youtube, his looked more "elastic" than mine.

Advertisement