Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Acupuncture / Acupuncturist - Dublin

• 24-12-2013 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all

I've got long outstanding back pain. Did phyiso, MRI nothing. I now decided to try acupuncture and would be interested in your experiences, recommendation for a acupuncturist.

My back problem is ongoing and is holding me back in from doing stuff with my life.It has made me very depressed and does get me down. I don't know anyone who had it done. I'm not afraid of needles.

Looking forward to your comments.
    dublingirlhere

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Hi all

I've got long outstanding back pain. Did phyiso, MRI nothing. I now decided to try acupuncture and would be interested in your experiences, recommendation for a acupuncturist.

My back problem is ongoing and is holding me back in from doing stuff with my life.It has made me very depressed and does get me down. I don't know anyone who had it done. I'm not afraid of needles.

Looking forward to your comments.
    dublingirlhere

You'll get a lot of people on here turning their nose up at anything or any practitioner that isn't physiotherapy! Feck that, I had a back issue & went to physio's, physical therapists & osteopaths (I'm not slagging any of these disciplnes off, they all have their place), they weren't getting the problem right & after 6 months I went to an accupuncturist. Not saying this will be the case for you but in 2 sessions he got me right! I used Sandro Garca from TCM, he has clinics on different days in different parts of Dublin/Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭anotherposter

i know how you feel OP. 12 years of chronic pain + numbness in my left arm and side + severe carpal tunnel syndrome to the point i cant write more than a paragraph by hand anymore (leftie here) ... heart/lungs are fine... looking get my doc to test for a compressed ulnar nerve between my clavical and 1st rib. thoracic outlet syndrome is what it known as.

i read up on it and i tick the box on pretty much all the symptoms

1. Numbess or tingling in your hands, fingers, and arm
    2. Poor blood flow
    3. Severe pain in the left arm/side
    4. Jolting when lying down
    5. Carpal tunnel in arms
    6. previously broke my clavical
    7. previous broke a rib
    8. work with computers all day long.

treatment will involve acupuncture + physio or failing that some pretty invasive surgery to remove the 1st rig to make room and prevent compression

i have to avoid exercising that arm until they check for blood clots in my arm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 BabsBaby

I go to a girl regularly named Ursula the name of the place is Elmes clinic on Caple street in the city center. I work as a masseuse so my back does be in an awful state but when I have acupuncture done I do be as right as rain again. she's good value as well. I was getting a tattoo once all the way down my spine and she wanted to expirament to see if acupuncture would help with pain relief. no joke I didn't feel a bloody thing! I'd defo recommend looking her up :)

Advertisement