Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self Monitored CS250

Options
  • 24-12-2013 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

Hi

I have a CS250 Monitored alarm installed. I'd like to change this to a self monitored system. I'm pretty sure there is a GSM Module already installed in the kit.

It would be ideal if I can just convert the monitored unit to a self monitored system rather than buying a new alarm from scratch.

What do I need to do to complete this?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

As standard the CS250 has a PSTN dialler on board designed for central station monitoring,you can add a voice module to use it as a voice dialler and contact you directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭peustace

Thanks Koolkid, for someone who wouldnt know much about this, is it handy enough to install and configure the system? I've started looking for some of the manuals with limited success.

From reading some other posts I presume I would need the engineers code? And if this code has been changed by our current monitoring company who installed the system we might be snookered?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I have sent you the manual for that system via PM.
    Have a read over it and see what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭peustace

Thanks for that, I'll take a look over the next few days

Advertisement