If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV suggestions

Options
  • 24-12-2013 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering if you could pass me on some advice.

I need a TV, circa 42". I'm wondering if I should go with integrated freesat, saorview and smart technologies or put all that onto an external box and just get a good LED tv and let another box look after all the tuning and smart bits.

Or if I go with an integrated system, which model would have the simpler interface, some of the people here are not so tech minded.

I see some of the tvs now offer PVR to an external HD, reliable?, easy to use?

I'm also looking for a smaller tv say 32" that would have saorview and freesat integrated, no need for smart or PVR facilities on this one.

I know its a bit of an open question, but any help would be appreciated.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Xennon wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering if you could pass me on some advice.

I need a TV, circa 42". I'm wondering if I should go with integrated freesat, saorview and smart technologies or put all that onto an external box and just get a good LED tv and let another box look after all the tuning and smart bits.

Or if I go with an integrated system, which model would have the simpler interface, some of the people here are not so tech minded.

I see some of the tvs now offer PVR to an external HD, reliable?, easy to use?

I'm also looking for a smaller tv say 32" that would have saorview and freesat integrated, no need for smart or PVR facilities on this one.

I know its a bit of an open question, but any help would be appreciated.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Hi Xennon,

Thanks for getting in touch, and apologies about the delay in getting back to you.

Both integrated and external have their pros and cons.  Integrated is good as you have 1 remote for everything and keeps things nice and simple.  An external box is good because say your TV has to go of for repair or something you can still use the box with another TV and still have access to your recorded programs.  

On the Freesat front there isn't an awful lot of TVs out there with it built in.  2 main manufacturers would be Samsung and Panasonic and is only available in their higher end models.

If you were looking a TV with all the bells and whistles then have a look at the Panasonic TXL 42FT65.  Fantastic TV with great picture and very impressive feature list.  Current price on this is £849.95 and includes a free 5 year guarantee.  Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txl47ft60b/pana-txl47ft60b

On the 32" there isn't an awful lot of options out there with Freesat.  We have a nice little LG TV that has a satellite input so it can pick up free to air channels so this could be worth a look.  Not a bad TV at all.  Current price on this is £249.95.  Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/32ln540v/lg-32ln540v

Check these out and let me know what you think.

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.