Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance for an engagement ring

Options
  • 24-12-2013 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I want to get insurance for an engagement ring. I've been told the best thing to do is add it to house insurance.

The thing is, we are renting so I don't have any house or content insurance (nothing of major value in the apartment just TV and laptops). Would content insurance be a bit excessive in this case? Are there better options?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Dapos wrote: »
    Hey,

I want to get insurance for an engagement ring. I've been told the best thing to do is add it to house insurance.

The thing is, we are renting so I don't have any house or content insurance (nothing of major value in the apartment just TV and laptops). Would content insurance be a bit excessive in this case? Are there better options?

Pick an insurer who has a low minimum Contents sum insured and add the ring for specified all risks. It's the only way to do it. Be careful to declare the correct position for your apartment. Do you share it with others Is there communal access etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

You wont get insurance on the ring on it's own. You need to have contents insurance and add it to that as Old Youth says.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭cloonymee

I considered using http://engagementringinsurance.ie/ about a year ago but in the end got it on a contents policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Dapos wrote: »
    Hey,

You'd be amazed what all your belongings would cost to replace in the event of say a fire. Get contents insurance and add the ring as a specified risk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

cloonymee wrote: »
    I considered using http://engagementringinsurance.ie/ about a year ago but in the end got it on a contents policy.

I didn't know that Co. existed and it looks OK. Note that there is no cash claim settlement, they will offer a repair or replacement only. Some other insurers are heading down that route too

• Advertisement
Advertisement