Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One apps for Foxnow & 4OD

Options
  • 24-12-2013 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Had anyone found a way to get the FoxNow and 4OD apps for Xbox One to work in Ireland. I have tried using unblock US but have had no luck

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,699 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

4OD works if you have the location settings set to the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »

Someone really needs to tell MS that 4OD is available here in RoI...there's no issue with letting the app work here. FoxNow sounds like something geolocked to the US, & as such, we can't help you with that request {bypassing geo-locks isn't a topic permitted here}

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Myrddin wrote: »
    Someone really needs to tell MS that 4OD is available here in RoI...there's no issue with letting the app work here. FoxNow sounds like something geolocked to the US, & as such, we can't help you with that request {bypassing geo-locks isn't a topic permitted here}

No harm in emailing Channel 4 and asking. I can tell you that it's Channel 4 who limit the content within the app, not MS. I know this because I've gone through this very process.

An update may fix the 'issue' as region settings on the Xbox One are different from that of the Xbox 360 (from a user and dev perspective) so they may have been playing it safe for the initial release.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »

40D works for me when I have Ireland region selected. But I had to get the app by changing my region settings.
    Strangely You tube app does not even work in Ireland. I know it's not available in the Irish App Store.

Advertisement