Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your plans for 2014?

Options
  • 24-12-2013 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

So what are your astronomy plans for 2014 ? :D

What are you going to add to your setup ,whether it be a pair of binoculars or a new mount ?

What do you hope to achieve,whether it be learning a new constellation or image a meteor shower ?

For me I will be going all out and buying a full setup in June,which will include a :

Skywatcher NEQ6 :P
    An 8" Newt (or insert other OTA here)
    A new camera (Probably a Canon 6D or a 7D mk2 if it's out )
    A ST-80 for guiding (or insert other OTA here)
    A QHY5-II guiding camera
    Other smaller accessories

It will be quite a buy,but I've been saving up for this since I sold my LXD75 for parts.I will also have tons of free time to use it all as I will be going into transition year .

Firstly I hope to get the hang of the new equipment that I will be buying,then I would like to learn how to do drift alignment and finally I would like to take my first deep sky astro-image :)

They are my plans for the year 2014,what are yours ? :P

Happy Christmas :D

Comments

Advertisement