Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

4L fully/part synthetic motor oil from Halfords 9 euro

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Murt10

In Blanchardstown yesterday and filled up. The shop has moved over to the mall opposite the Dunnes Stores entrance

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

sector_000 wrote: »
    Anyone know what oil is good for a 2002 Toyota Corolla 1.4L?

If its the 1.4 VVTI engine dont use 10/40 on it as thats the reason its going through so much oil, most mechanics will put 10/40 in.

I had a 01 and loads of them were recalled to get the bottom block replaced, to solve mine I checked the manual and it specifically stated 5/30 semi synth as the oil to use. I done an oil change with 5/30 and it is still going strong years later with no oil been eaten away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭PressTheButton

Many thanks OP! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

Anyone know if there would be any problem using the 5w/30 Ford fully synthetic (says 2006 onwards on it) in a pre-2006 Ford?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Anyone know if there would be any problem using the 5w/30 Ford fully synthetic (says 2006 onwards on it) in a pre-2006 Ford?

Thanks

No problems. It's more saying that it meets the correct specs that it can be used in 2006 onwards fords, not to exclusively be used in them.

Oil spec is: Ford WSS M2C-913-C

Fully backwards compatible and is strongly recommended for all applications that currently require the specification Ford M2C913-B. The new engine oil provides various benefits to the customer such as improved fuel economy benefits and high robustness to biodiesel fuels.

No problems. It's more saying that it meets the correct specs that it can be used in 2006 onwards fords, not to exclusively be used in them.

Fully backwards compatible and is strongly recommended for all applications that currently require the specification Ford M2C913-B. The new engine oil provides various benefits to the customer such as improved fuel economy benefits and high robustness to biodiesel fuels.

OK. Cheers

If I have the pre-2006 part-synthetic currently in my car is is still ok to top up with this one?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

If I have the pre-2006 part-synthetic currently in my car is is still ok to top up with this one?

Thanks

I wouldn't mix oils.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lankz92

was in the shop in dundalk and they wernt marked down... is it advertised or should it come up at the till? ill call in again on saturday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

lankz92 wrote: »
    was in the shop in dundalk and they wernt marked down... is it advertised or should it come up at the till? ill call in again on saturday

Offer probably over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭sector_000

nope. Offer still on. You must reserve it online first... then go oick it up in store. See OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SleeperService

sector_000 wrote: »
    nope. Offer still on. You must reserve it online first... then go oick it up in store. See OP

Was able to buy for 10e without reservation in limerick yesterday. Plenty people reserving it too judging by the number kept aside at the counter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Was able to buy for 10e without reservation in limerick yesterday. Plenty people reserving it too judging by the number kept aside at the counter.

I missed it, out of stock in longford, not getting any in either. Its comma oil, the full synthetic is €25 locally :*(

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭marrm

Same in Coolock. Plenty of stock, marked €12, scanned at €10, and I got another 10% discount because I have a card. :)

Bargain of the week! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I had some reserved in Cork, but when I went in there was pallets of the stuff on the floor. I'd say now it's a case of grab whatever is left.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

I had some reserved in Cork, but when I went in there was pallets of the stuff on the floor. I'd say now it's a case of grab whatever is left.

Cork said they're getting another pallet on tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭dougie-lampkin

jonny24ie wrote: »
    If its the 1.4 VVTI engine dont use 10/40 on it as thats the reason its going through so much oil, most mechanics will put 10/40 in.

I had a 01 and loads of them were recalled to get the bottom block replaced, to solve mine I checked the manual and it specifically stated 5/30 semi synth as the oil to use. I done an oil change with 5/30 and it is still going strong years later with no oil been eaten away :)

You realise 5W/30 is lighter than 10W/40, causing it to be even thirstier? The manual says 5W/30 is for cold climates, i.e., -29° to 10°. 15W/40 is actually what's recommended by Toyota for our climate, -12° to 38°. 10W/40 or even 20W/50 are also acceptable.

I've used the Halfords 5W/30 semi-synth in an ancient Ford Endura diesel and a slightly newer Citroen HDI (non dpf) since it was on offer about a year ago, I found it just as good as any name brand. I used a cheap no-name 5W/30 oil from my local factors in the Citroen before that, and it came out with the viscosity of veg oil after 8,000 miles :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭lukaszd2007

Ordered 2 in Cork now, thanks OP.

Edit:
    Just come back from the store, they did not have 4L ones but becouse i had reservation they give me 2 x 5L for the price of 2x4L. So 10L of 10W40 oil for 20 euro :)

Advertisement