Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

02 website-lost 60euros!

Options
  • 24-12-2013 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I am on the 02 prepay package, freetalk. It requires a top up of E30 every 30 days. This evening I tried to top up by E30 using instant top up on the 02 website.

However, everytime I attempted this, at the end, a message appeared on the webpage saying that an error occurred and to try again and that no money had been taken from my account. I tried this several more times, same message appeared again. I then checked by bank account online and low and behold a total of 90 euros has gone from my account to 02.

I have outlined my issue to their online webchat agents, the first one who told me that the money has gone through and then ended the conversation before I got to reply. I then went on again and got through to a more helpful representative. His final advice was to ring 1747 tomorrow.

I hope 02 will refund these additional top ups back to my card, as I really can't afford to be 60euros down! The only reason these extra top ups occurred is because their website stated that they hadn't gone through!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭baldbear

Anytime you see that error message don't try to top up again. The same thing happened me with vodafone and they put the money back into my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 JDD10

Thanks baldbear, I definitely won't be making that mistake again. I just hope that they will deal with the issue. Their representatives this evening certainly didn't want to know!

E60s is a lot of money to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It's possible that the funds might just be reserved, not actually taken. It could be worth talking to your bank

• Registered Users Posts: 28 JDD10

Hi all, an update,

I have had to contact 02 two times since, their finance department are refusing to refund the E60, I am shocked. I treated to leave them, the representative didn't really seem to care!

I can't believe this!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Do you want me to move this thread to the Talk to O2 forum to see if a rep there can help?

Have you spoken to your bank about this?

• Advertisement
Advertisement