Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos/returns query

Options
  • 25-12-2013 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi All,

This is a general query but in this case involves Argos.
    I bought an item on the 26th November and there is a 30-day money back guarantee on it.
    My query is - does the 26th November count as the first day?
    Basically I have bought the wrong years model of tablet for my brother for Christmas :eek: and have just managed to reserve one to pick up on Thursday - so I just want to make sure I am within the 30 day period.

Any feedback appreciated as feeling a bit panicked at the moment.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Electronics are usually exempt from the 30 day return, check your receipt, if this is the case put the tablet up on adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭hognef

Don't know exactly how they count the days, but if, say, you bought the item at 14:00 on 26/11, then you should arguably be fine as long as you return it by 14:00 on 26/12 (assuming nothing to the contrary is stated on the receipt itself or otherwise clearly advertised somewhere obvious).

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Nightingale

Thanks RobbingBandit - It's definitely excluded. This is the first time I have bought an electronic item from Argos and only discovered that I had the wrong version when I had a conversation with a work colleague about the price difference.

I'll break the news to my brother when he comes over tomorrow and see what he wants to do.

Happy Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Nightingale

Just an update on this. I texted my brother this morning to let him know about the problem and he replied that he had wanted the 2012 version all along. He did tell me this at one stage apparently but I have been so busy and stressed with work that it went out of my head.

Relief all around :)

Advertisement