Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking about Collage.

Options
  • 25-12-2013 4:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey everyone..
    So.. I'm going to be 21 n April and I want to start attending collage, corse or something like that.
    I got no LC tho.
    I have 2 little boys at home that's the reason I haven't finished school and really wouldn't have time to do my LC and only than Collage.
    So does anyone know can I get into any collage or get a corse or anything like that without my LC?
    I would be interested in art and design.
    I'm down in Co. Mayo it would help if I would get something around that area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

You can apply as a mature student
    Third-level colleges reserve a small number of places specifically for mature students who want to participate in full-time day programmes. If you are over 23* you can apply for one of these places. This means that you will compete for your place on a different basis to those who are just leaving school. The number of places reserved for mature students are limited, however, so it is likely that you will still have to compete with your peers.

*Generally,you are considered to be a mature student if you are at least 23 years of age on January 1 of the year you enter your course. If you are interested in a particular college you should check how it defines a mature student.

If you opt for a full-time course in this way, you will be expected to attend classes or lectures every day and you will be assessed in the same way as the other students on your course.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭shawki

Chris___ wrote: »
    You can apply as a mature student

He's 21 next year

He won't be able to apply as a mature until 2017

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Montaka wrote: »
    and really wouldn't have time to do my LC and only than Collage.

Ah, but you do. You've plenty of time. That you'd have two and a half years to wait before you are eligible for mature entry into college confirms this.

The LC isn't for everybody but it dramatically cuts down your college options (even as a mature student) if you don't have one.

Art may be a good exception. Do you have an aptitude for it? Do you have a portfolio prepared to show colleges?

Advertisement