Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odd Elder Scrolls: Oblivion bug

• 25-12-2013 10:32am

I recently bought Oblivion on the Steam sale after thoroughly enjoying it on PC. However I've run into an extremely odd and game breaking (well, for me) bug.

When I first bought it, I tried to mod it using the Nexus mod, following all instructions. Installed NiFSE, obse, and Blockhead, as I wanted to use the Overhaul mod through the Nexus mods.

Everything was going through, up until I would save the game and exit out of it. Upon returning, the character model would be all off - I'd essentially see inside my own head through first person and then in third person, I'd have an additional pair of floating arms.

6He8Ex.jpg
    7hY63u.jpg

Does anyone know a fix? I have completely removed all files and reinstalled, yet I'm still getting this issue.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

when you say you completely removed all files, did you go into the steam folder and delete the oblivion folder yourself?

I did that first, then reattempted to mod it once more then got the same problem. Wasn't sure if it was a problem with the game or the mods, so I removed them all. I think it was an issue with Blockhead. Not entirely sure why. It's really odd seeing a bug like that!

hrm, tidymans carpets... could very well be

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/43752/?

actually if you look at the page for blockhead the main picture shows exactly what you describe :)

If only the character you played talked. It would have been brilliant seeing the mouth moving from the inside.
    http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/43752/?

actually if you look at the page for blockhead the main picture shows exactly what you describe :)

So I wonder what the issue must be. I think the Character Overhaul is supposed to overwrite Blockhead and another, but it didn't seem to work at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Are you using the nexus mod manager? It's pretty mandatory if you're going to be doing a lot of modding. Try not to install mods that will conflict with each other.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Reminds me of the time I modded the hell out of Oblivion and about 10 hours in figured out that I had completely ballsed up the Imperial city and couldn't get it (well technically I could but I was about 5 feet below street level and apparently still in the "main world" map space, I was also able to walk back out through the walls and literally keep walking on air as far as the eye could see :pac:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,490 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

maybe using a no clip cheat might have resolved that

I've given up attempting to mod it :pac: it looks pretty good as is. If I remember right, Blockhead and NiFSE required manual installation, but the rest was done using Nexus Mod Manager.

Advertisement