If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony KDL42W653A

Options
  • 25-12-2013 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi,

Is there any reduction on this model in your sale? What would be your best price on this tv delivered to Dublin?

This is the one my sister has picked out as her Christmas/Birthday gift from all the family. We were going to buy it locally but they removed the 5yr Sony warranty on it here in Dublin to reduce the price in the sale and I see you are still doing it.

If the price was right I'd be interested in buying it from you.

Can you also tell me if it is suitable to the Irish market (for saorview) and how does the warranty work? I've never bought something so big online before so I am wondering how we would get it fixed if something happened to it and we can't return it to the shop. Does Sony Ireland look after the warranty?

Regards,

Maria

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

MB05 wrote: »
    Hi,

Is there any reduction on this model in your sale? What would be your best price on this tv delivered to Dublin?

This is the one my sister has picked out as her Christmas/Birthday gift from all the family. We were going to buy it locally but they removed the 5yr Sony warranty on it here in Dublin to reduce the price in the sale and I see you are still doing it.

If the price was right I'd be interested in buying it from you.

Can you also tell me if it is suitable to the Irish market (for saorview) and how does the warranty work? I've never bought something so big online before so I am wondering how we would get it fixed if something happened to it and we can't return it to the shop. Does Sony Ireland look after the warranty?

Regards,

Maria
    Maria,

apologies for the delay getting back to you!

The 42W653 is reduced to £489.95 and delivery to Dublin is £19.95.

We are still running our 5 year warranty promotion on this TV and the warranty is managed by ourselves - its a full 'collect & repair' warranty - so if something does go wrong ( ecluding accidential damage or commercial use) we will collect and reapir the unit for you - you can see the full T's and C's here:
    http://www.richersounds.com/information/warranties

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭MB05

Hi John,

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly, I didn't expect a reply on Christmas Day!

Can I ask would your lowest price guarantee beat the following offers I found:

http://www.hiwayhifi.co.uk/sony-kdl42w653b?fo_c=90&fo_k=87842d8de6c0e5c3e1f5736fa3cdc77e&fo_s=awin&awc=4388_1388054512_065d0e9aaa99848884530264ce990a6c

www.rgbdirect.co.uk/Products/Television/LED-TV/SONY/KDL42W653ABU

Also one thing you missed in your reply was whether it was fully compatible with the Irish market. It is advertised as Saorview approved here so I want to make sure there is no difference between the way this would be configured for the UK market (Freeview).

And finally how long does delivery usually take to Dublin?

Regards,

Maria

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

MB05 wrote: »
    Hi John,

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly, I didn't expect a reply on Christmas Day!

Can I ask would your lowest price guarantee beat the following offers I found:

http://www.hiwayhifi.co.uk/sony-kdl42w653b?fo_c=90&fo_k=87842d8de6c0e5c3e1f5736fa3cdc77e&fo_s=awin&awc=4388_1388054512_065d0e9aaa99848884530264ce990a6c

www.rgbdirect.co.uk/Products/Television/LED-TV/SONY/KDL42W653ABU

Also one thing you missed in your reply was whether it was fully compatible with the Irish market. It is advertised as Saorview approved here so I want to make sure there is no difference between the way this would be configured for the UK market (Freeview).

And finally how long does delivery usually take to Dublin?

Regards,

Maria
    Maria,

i'm not sure what variant of the KDL42W653 the other retailers you quote stock - but we stock the version that is fully compliant with saorview.

On the pricebeats - both of the websites you have given me say they deliver to UK mainland and neither mention any 'offshore' deliveries, some parts of Scotland and all of Northern Ireland are even excluded from their delivery offering for example.

Our current price of £489 includes a 5 year 'at home' warranty - the equivalent 5 year offering ( not an 'at home' warranty) is £701 from Hiway ( £212 more expensice than us) and £666 from RGB - £177 more expensive than us...

We nnormally deliver to Dublin on a next working day basis - but as I'm sure you will understand deliveries are a bit slower over the Christmas and new year period.

Thanks again - apologies I can't offer you a price beat on this ocassion, but our price is significantly cheaper!

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.