Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At a loose end for Christmas dinner?

Options
  • 25-12-2013 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

We've room for two or three more at ours. No hidden agendas just too much turkey, two huge hams, spiced beef and we couldn't see anyone out on their own this Christmas. It just wouldn't do. Now the dog might bark at you, my cousin may talk at length about economics and my auntie might get drunk and try to lob the gob on you but I assure you we're all fairly sound :) You might have to sit through an awks Skype session with my brother and sister in law who like totes swanned off to Argentina for like a month on honeymoon but we'll make sure you're fed and leave happy (either happy to be leaving or happy because you had a great time #winwin). If you know of anyone old or young (now that's not an excuse to get rid of your selection boxed up kids or anything) that's at a loose end around Cork City(ish) tell them to PM me before 1.30pm and I'll give them directions or arrange to pick them up from town. No need to be shy as we'll all be going to yours next year ;) We promise we won't forget the croquettes too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Fair play to ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Ye're good people, genuinely :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Fair play, op. Lovely to see somebody opening their house to soneone who may be lonely today. Made my day seeing this post :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Wow. Amazing generosity, fair play to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Happy Christmas and fair play to ya.When I've my own house I plan on giving open invitations for Xmas too,the more the merrier as far as I'm concerned !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Nic'name

Ah stop now ye are making me morto, not doing it for the kudos genuinely love having people over for Christmas so yes, we're being selfish awful people. :)

Seriously though, pass on the message if ye hear of anyone or even a couple who don't fancy atin' a full turkey to themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I'm sure you're not doing it for the kudos but you deserve them anyway! Amazing to see such kindness in people. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Nic'name wrote: »
    Ah stop now ye are making me morto, not doing it for the kudos genuinely love having people over for Christmas so yes, we're being selfish awful people. :)

Seriously though, pass on the message if ye hear of anyone or even a couple who don't fancy atin' a full turkey to themselves.

It's a lovely gesture though,the most valuable thing you can give another person is your time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

You're a legend OP - this sort of stuff is what I love about Christmas; the way it brings out such lovely goodness in people.
    Of course you're not doing it for the kudos for feck sake - posting an invite to Boards is an ideal thing to do; it's also what's great about Boards!

A very happy Christmas to all! :D xx

You're a legend OP - this sort of stuff is what I love about Christmas; the way it brings out such lovely goodness in people.
    Of course you're not doing it for the kudos for feck sake - posting an invite to Boards is an ideal thing to do; it's also what's great about Boards!

A very happy Christmas to all! :D xx

Ah thanks, no one has been in touch yet but hope if even just one person's on their own they'll see it before we crack into the wine ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭TheFarrier

Tbh OP I'd rather go to your gaff instead of dealing with the painful mortification of my family. I'm not to far away either.

TheFarrier wrote: »
    Tbh OP I'd rather go to your gaff instead of dealing with the painful mortification of my family. I'm not to far away either.

That bad eh? You're very welcome to call over!! Just PM me your number and I'll ring with directions and stuff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Wow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Well done!! I'm proud to say I know you!! ;-)

LL a mod! Who'da thunk it! :) We must do Christmas drinks soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭TheFarrier

Nic'name wrote: »
    That bad eh? You're very welcome to call over!! Just PM me your number and I'll ring with directions and stuff.

As much as I'd like to, and believe me I would like to, I fear execution if I were to forgo the traditional family humiliation.

I appreciate your kind offer though, thank you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Sounds like a good place to have a happy Xmas dinner. Fair play.

TheFarrier wrote: »
    As much as I'd like to, and believe me I would like to, I fear execution if I were to forgo the traditional family humiliation.

I appreciate your kind offer though, thank you!!

Haha, no worries! Have a great Christmas :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

fair play to you OP..but i couldnt help hearing the deliverance song in my head while reading the post..the human mind and all that...merry christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

I'll look forward to reading this in the paper tomorrow.

"Ho Ho Homicide"
    "Cork Family Targets And Butchers Lonely People On Christmas Day"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

0ph0rce0 wrote: »

"Ho Ho Homicide"

They haven't been caught yet!!

@OP
    Amazing generosity from amazing peeps. Very well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

"Ho Ho Homicide"

Xmicide: Cork Carnage.

All skit aside - its a humbling gesture on your behalf and sets a high bar

F.F. to you, regards and the best for 2014 (in the football and the hurling!)

C

"Ho Ho Homicide"

Bahahahaha don't worry, there were no victims...sadly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

We'll did anyone wake up In a bath minus their kidneys?:D

Happy christmas OP. Lovely gesture.

Advertisement