Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning a blind eye again

Options
  • 25-12-2013 1:36pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭

Iv said it before and im going to say it again. The Consumer Issues threads about electricity etc mod dudara again turns a blind eye to things he clearly is in favor of ie people not paying their bills. In the thread Airtricity - Bill of 1400! a few poster offer ''advice'' to just not pay their bill making all the usual claims and not a thing done about it, yet once someone questions his and boards position on this he replays straight away, meaning his claim of not reading every post is quite clearly a lie as he acts on some posts but not others.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Happy Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

For your information, I am female.

I try to read every post, but inevitably I do not get to read all. Neither do I reply to all. I have told you this time & time again, but you appear to employ the same selective filter that you claim I employ.

Just so you are perfectly clear (because let's face it, you've been dragging up this argument for quite a while) I do not personally advocate the non-payment of genuine debt, or any other illegal activity. I'll let the Boards admins speak on behalf of Boards.

Have a happy & peaceful Christmas

dudara

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

dudara wrote: »

I try to read every post, but inevitably I do not get to read all. Neither do I reply to all. I have told you this time & time again, but you appear to employ the same selective filter that you claim I employ.

Just so you are perfectly clear (because let's face it, you've been dragging up this argument for quite a while) I do not personally advocate the non-payment of genuine debt, or any other illegal activity. I'll let the Boards admins speak on behalf of Boards.

Have a happy & peaceful Christmas

dudara

You see that doesn't really add up now does it? You reply to what suits you ie when someone questions boards stand on something yet turn a blind eye to people advising non payment (dont see you giving too many warnings to the countless examples of this) people badmouthing companies (again countess examples and no warnings?) let posters opening advise people to lie to get what they want, as long as it fits into what you believe (foggy_lad the prime example of this and surprise surprise no warnings to him).

So now would you care to explain all of that? Because all of that happens much more then then the things you actually act on?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,955 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Can you link to posts that you have reported, but which have not been acted on?

Can you link to posts that you have reported, but which have not been acted on?

There are countless numbers of them plain to see for everyone. Dont try and change the subject, like iv said they act on posts that suit them its as clear as day. you of course will be bias on the matter seeing as its another mod thats being questioned

• Advertisement

an endless number of examples in this thread alone

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057101502

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

From a cursory look at the reported posts forum, it looks like the last time you reported a post in the Consumer Issues forum was 1 year 10 months ago?

Mods can't read every post in every thread. They act on reported posts. If you believe that a post is advocating illegal activity, please report it (report.gif) - if it is actionable, then it will be dealt with.

Happy Christmas.

Mr E wrote: »
    From a cursory look at the reported posts forum, it looks like the last time you reported a post in the Consumer Issues forum was 1 year 10 months ago?

Mods can't read every post in every thread. They act on reported posts. If you believe that a post is advocating illegal activity, please report it (report.gif) - if it is actionable, then it will be dealt with.

Happy Christmas.

Like iv said but like always its ignored. They are acting on posts that suit them ie when what they think is right is questioned. They act on one post and the one before it fits into what they feel is right and do nothing about it, whys that?

I just reported 7/8 posts in one thread, something i shouldnt have had to do as there are so many in that one alone, but of course the mod cant read them all....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

lala88 wrote: »
    Like iv said but like always its ignored. They are acting on posts that suit them ie when what they think is right is questioned. They act on one post and the one before it fits into what they feel is right and do nothing about it, whys that?

I just reported 7/8 posts in one thread, something i shouldnt have had to do as there are so many in that one alone, but of course the mod cant read them all....

Exactly. Report posts you feel breach the charter and a mod will have a look and see if they are actionable. Don't report them and they may be missed

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

lala88 wrote: »

Thanks for reporting them. The mods will get to them in due course - being one day of the year when people don't want to sit in front of a computer all day, please allow some leeway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,120 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

dudara wrote: »
    star-trek-mind-blown.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Overheal wrote: »
    star-trek-mind-blown.gif

Hehehe....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

An "opinion" is subjective - neither right nor wrong. It's straightforwardly wrong to "advise" people not to pay for a service they have used.
    I disagree with the OP's hostile approach, and of course Dudara is not advocating non payment of what's owed, but it does happen on those threads that people barge in to say "Don't pay it", "Ignore reminders". Real childish "Fight the power", teen rebel stuff. It's a bit frustrating at times to see incorrect "advice" being left there.
    If you use a service, no matter what mistake has been made by the company (if it's not the customer's mistake - and we only ever get one side of the story) you owe the money. "Their mistake" doesn't write off what's owed, unless their mistake was to overcharge. If the company has made a mistake but the amount owed is correct (e.g. the customer exceeding their data package, a series of gas/electricity estimates - and these are partially errors by the customer too) then they should let the customer pay back what's due in a time-frame that suits the customer, and maybe give them a discount, but to suggest they shouldn't bother paying anything makes absolutely no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I have faith in the majority of our regular CI posters. They are usually quick to contradict & point out when someone is posting "advice" that really should be best ignored.

Ultimately, empty tin cans make the most noise. But they're still empty tin cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

/end pointless "things aren't exactly how I want them to be and my expectations are in no way unrealistic" dirge.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement