Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Wind Storm late 26th-27th December

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

Loving the posts about what's going on where but the problem is if you don't actually say "where" you are then I and any others with only a smart phones to follow the craic on don't have a clue where "here" is. Happy bording!!!! Xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Pappa Charlie

Yeah, well I'm sea angling off Spiddal pier.

I can see ye from my hot air balloon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

RuthieRose wrote: »
    Loving the posts about what's going on where but the problem is if you don't actually say "where" you are then I and any others with only a smart phones to follow the craic on don't have a clue where "here" is. Happy bording!!!! Xxx

And where are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

The weather that's coming into Dublin. . Is there thunder and lightning due? Or just severe wind?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭rameire

MadYaker wrote: »
    Whereabouts? Lights still on here in Galway City. We didn't lose it last time so hopefully not this time either. If that happens I'm definitely going to the pub.

https://www.esb.ie/esb-networks/powercheck/

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Wind gusts are getting stronger and more frequent here in Naas , nearing 70kph now

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

Here in Waterford at the moment - it doesn't seem so bad where I am. Still though, I reckon this storm is going to be a smasher.

Weathering wrote: »
    And where are you?

Cavan!! Windy and seems to be increasing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

gally74 wrote: »
    That's a bad road on weather, could she not wait till morning

Agreed its a bad road. Too many potential trees that might come down . People saying morning be worse and the poor girl is dying ti get home to have some sort of Christmas.... prefer her to wait myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

Mad windy in Sligo town now. Very bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭vickers209

Where abouts is the power out in the west?

https://www.esb.ie/esb-networks/powercheck/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Very windy in Waterford now!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭shotinthedark

Wait .."..it's picking up now alright better get back ....crap oar broke have to swim....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

First power outage of the night in the southeast, just south of Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Cavan!! Windy and seems to be increasing!!

You ended up in Cavan? Jaysus...storm is worse than I thought...

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭mudabi

Id recommend putting your phones on charge while you still have power. There will be a lot of outages with this one.

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    You ended up in Cavan? Jaysus...storm is worse than I thought...

Your a right comedian!! I leave Galway for a couple of weeks and 3 storms hit. Not a happy bunny. Missing all the fun😪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

rameire wrote: »

Just now it is showing about 200 customers with out power in three areas including Ennis Co.Clare. I expect the situation to worsen dramatically in the next few hours.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

We had a lovely morning here, near Gorey and 400' up on a hill, Wexford, blue skies and sunshine. High cloud first noticed about 1.30 and then the day got steadily dull. Rain, followed quickly by gentle wind, arrived as light went. Breezy by 5.00 and now blowing quite fiercely. Cars moved away from house.

When the outdoor Christmas lights were taken out of the box this storm and previous ones were already being discussed........... so our big blue icicle lights are now our new indoor lights...............

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Max gust of 56kts on met.is so far, max sustained is force 9 at Roche's Point. Nothing too severe so far though the actual storm is still out at sea, current winds are only associated with the front so expect it to get a lot worse yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

And now there is nothing but calm....

South kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Fastowarn

Possible sting jet in the making... You can clearly see the scorpio tail in my watervapor image.

l3bg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Lights flickering South Kerry,Gusts are now the worst i have heard in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭s.m

winds supposed to ease briefly tonight i heard. any truth in it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

83.3 km/h Gust already here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Very strong winds here in swords. Just had to go out and secure the garden furniture as it had started to leave the garden!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dopolahpec

s.m wrote: »
    winds supposed to ease briefly tonight i heard. any truth in it

They will now. The next phase of increase will be the actual storm. Prepare for a lot of 'I've never heard a wind like this before' as the mood changes later to concern and fear for many.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Just got struck by a large branch on the way home from Longford town. There's fallen debris around the Ballinalee-Aughnacliff area so take care

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

http://earth.nullschool.net/ is showing sustained hurricane force winds west of valentia Island. It is quoting 124 km/h in one spot over the ocean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

I can appreciate that, but I have mine in the description. Ask feedback to allow location just for this purpose. The forum is resource intensive with charts that you can't see, pictures you can't see or at least in context.

Ask feedback if they can allow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement