Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Wind Storm late 26th-27th December

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,957 ✭✭✭trellheim

Buttevant : Starting to blow strongly now/

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭s.m

dopolahpec wrote: »
    They will now. The next phase of increase will be the actual storm. Prepare for a lot of 'I've never heard a wind like this before' as the mood changes later to concern and fear for many.

around what time will they pick up again ?
    its still very gusty up here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Aestivalis

Power still fine here in Kilkenny. Must ber very specific power outages.

Wind & rain is blowing strong, but nothing I havent seen before this year. I have to go drive for 40 minutes or so up the county at about 9:30pm
    So hopefully things wont have gotten much worse. Take me time I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

SeaFields wrote: »
    And now there is nothing but calm....

South kerry

Same here in West Mayo, just a light breeze currently. It was windier an hour ago. Wheres the centre now of the system? It's a bit early for experiencing cyclonic conditions, thats if any of the centre actually comes overland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭Panda Moanium

SeaFields wrote: »
    And now there is nothing but calm....

South kerry
    CB19Kevo wrote: »
    Lights flickering South Kerry,Gusts are now the worst i have heard in years.

Someone's telling porkies.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Sustained speed of 53km/h with gusts to 90km/h here in Waterford City. The stormiest I've felt it in many years in these parts. See live updates from my station here

http://www.waterfordcityweather.com/wxlive.php

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

Very windy here in Athlone, its whistling through the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Now that was a serious gust of wind right there, it's getting serious here in co. Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭blackwave

Looks like the Shannon Radar has just gone awol :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Anyone in the ennis area?! , This cell could be putting down a tornado!

286064.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,518 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

The wind died down here Newport (North Tipp) for 15 - 20 mins but it is starting to really pick up again now.

A lot of rain falling now too, was fairly dry up until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

South East Kerry to be more specific, Lights flickered for the 2nd time just now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Nasty sleet and gusty winds in North Co. Kilkenny. Strong enough to blow over half full wheelie bin (a term professional forecasters really should try and add to their presentations.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Howling here in Slieverue, every door in the house is banging and every few minutes there's a huge gust that makes it seem like the roof is going to lift off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

getting very windy here in arklow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Gusts near 60 knots at dun laoghaire a few minutes ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

Really picked up here on Artane over the past half an hour. Back garden getting a hammering from an easterly direction at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭ludeen

Right on the cliff here in Crosshaven co Cork ,had maybe 35- 40 knts at worst so far , seem to be in a lull at the mo ,
    defo had a lot worse than this in the past. hope that's not tempting fate !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

CB19Kevo wrote: »
    South East Kerry to be more specific, Lights flickered for the 2nd time just now.

I'm in south west. You should be starting to see a lull in the winds shortly me thinks.

Winds picking up here again, but not a gusty as before yet, can simply hear the wind outside now again

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭horsefarm

Dublin is still just an Amber alert is it? Wind is picking up here now. My house is 850ft on a very exposed slope, but we face NE. Will we get away relatively lightly due to wind direction?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

Lights flickering again west of Killarney town. According to ESB power fault affecting 645 customers east of the town in lissivigeen area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Very stormy in Kerry now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Opened the front door and the attic door blew open!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭greenpilot

Here in Westport, wind deffo not the worst we have ever seen actually a bit if a lull atm. Worst to come?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

This is doing the rounds on twitter. Live wind speed for the earth. Worst storm at the moment is Erich.

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/isobaric/1000hPa/orthographic=187.92,17.89,440

• Registered Users Posts: 2 An Bradan Feasta

Quote:
    Originally Posted by shotinthedark View Post

Still dead calm here Aran islands Inis mor
    You must be parked behind a cliff cause its blowing up here in Galway

Agreed - it's been force 8 and gusting in Inis Oirr since 4.30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

That's pretty wild now. :eek: Coming up at 68mph south irish sea, 110kph, around 60 knots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Spring Onion

Weirdly while it is very wet, the wind seems to have eased off considerably.
    What's up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Not necessarily.

I have relatives 12kms from me. They are reasonably sheltered and are reporting nothing out of the ordinary but I'm experiencing some strong gusts and have lost electricity once this evening already.

Posters generally aren't a messy bunch on the weather forum. I take what they report at face value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Anyone in the ennis area?! , This cell could be putting down a tornado!

286064.png

I'm in Ennis! Very windy!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement