Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Wind Storm late 26th-27th December

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

definitely over 60 knots gusts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

Looks like that plane at Cork is doing another go around...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Gusting 60 knots Dublin airport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Bsal

Frontal passage at Cork airport

EICK 262030Z 22040G59KT 7000 -RA BKN004 BKN011 BKN040 11/11 Q0969 BECMG BKN012

EICK 262000Z 19029G45KT 3000 RA SCT002 BKN003 BKN005 10/10 Q0970 TEMPO 2000 BKN002

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

mental here in rathrum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Working in Dublin City centre early tomorrow morning . 30 mins drive , I presume will be safe to drive within Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Just heard the crunch of a tree or large tree limb falling somewhere nearby over the noise of the wind. Some savage gusts out there. Surprising there are not more power outages already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Really and truly picking up in laois!

My weather station has stopped updating, the rain & wind have attenuated the signal below the level that the wireless will work at, all I know is that the wind speed is something else!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭highdef

Looks like the Ryanair flight into Cork has been diverted as it's heading off to the east now. must be quite scary for the passengers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

The rain has died off - in Cork City anyway. From the 3 hour radar on met.ie it seems there is more to come though

Looks like its diverting...

http://www.flightradar24.com/RYR380F

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

That Ryanair going into Cork has given up and looks to be heading for Dublin or Shannon

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Drove from Athlone to Galway around 7 o clock. Wind and rain quiet bad,seems to have died down a bit now.
    Doesn't seem to extreme yet.
    Was this not to be a west coast gig? Or maybe someone could tell us when it is to peak in Galway/west of Ireland.

Mt u do seem impressed :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Lads, the poor feckers on that Cork flight!

http://www.flightradar24.com/RYR380F

Are they diverting to Dublin now??

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Looks like that Ryanair flight due to land in Cork might be on its way to Shannon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

leahyl wrote: »
    The rain has died off - in Cork City anyway. From the 3 hour radar on met.ie it seems there is more to come though

Sounds like it's starting up again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

According to esb power check Kilrush Co. Clare is blacked out at the moment with over 1200 customers disconnected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭megapixel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

I've listed 12 reports of trees down, people extracted, wires down and it has not started yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

I would not like to be on that flight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Just heard the crunch of a tree or large tree limb falling somewhere nearby over the noise of the wind. Some savage gusts out there. Surprising there are not more power outages already.
    It says a lot for the sturdyness of the esb network and a credit to them.Several gusts above 60 MPH here near Arklow and not even a dim in the lights.
    Question is will it survive what is to come later?

davidsr20 wrote: »
    Drove from Athlone to Galway around 7 o clock. Wind and rain quiet bad,seems to have died down a bit now.
    Doesn't seem to extreme yet.
    Was this not to be a west coast gig? Or maybe someone could tell us when it is to peak in Galway/west of Ireland.

Mt u do seem impressed :)
    It has really kicked off in Athlone over the past hour or so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

highdef wrote: »
    Looks like the Ryanair flight into Cork has been diverted as it's heading off to the east now. must be quite scary for the passengers!

286069.JPG

Looks like its being diverted alright

• Registered Users Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

ellieh1 wrote: »
    Looks like that Ryanair flight due to land in Cork might be on its way to Shannon
    Is it any better there though

This Ryanair flight just about to land in Shannon, will it make it? :-)

http://www.flightradar24.com/RYR1033

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭kerrywez

Just driven the 8 miles home and lots of small branches on the road, but the storm is still building and it is whistling like mad and now the rain has startled battering the window. So far the electricity is OK, but I am nit looking for that to continue, if we keep ir, it will be nothing short of a miracle. There was lots of standing water and big puddles on the road also.I did not drive very fast and did not come on anyone going fast either, but glad to get home.

Regards Wez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,922 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

highdef wrote: »

I feel for them, I was on a flight into City of Derry airport in 05 when the gust record was set at the airport.

That was a genuinely scary night, I honestly thought there was a chance I'd die.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭s.m

still very windy up here in donegal
    when will it'll reach its worst does anyone know ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Sir montygom

That Ryanair going into Cork has given up and looks to be heading for Dublin or Shannon

i hope mick had a full tank of juice in that plane or they could be free wheeling from around carlow......wind at their backs will be a help.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement