Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Wind Storm late 26th-27th December

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Aestivalis

I'm off to pick somebody up and drop them into kilkenny. Christ, wish me luck lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Credit where its due, the crew on hear hit the nail on the head with this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Damage to the roof at Cork University Hospital

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    At lot more clusters of power disruption just now than a few minutes ago.seems to back up that it's nasty in Dublin.
    just checked the website and it appears to be "locked", perhaps loo many boardsies are looking at it... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,649 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The wind has definitely got a lot stronger in the last hour up here in Donegal.

Plus the rain is driving hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

That plane en route to Cork Airport has just successfully landed in Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Reports of damage to the roof of Cork Universiry Hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Galway still windy but still waiting for more; no lights or anything flickering yet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Starting to pick up again in Galway but it's been a very average night thus far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Galway1989

Picking up again in the Tuam area of county Galway.. was getting worried that i'd cancelled the rare opportunity to go out for the sake of a light breeze

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Make sure you charge your mobiles!! I seriously think there's going to be a hell of a lot of power outages over the next few hours. Never seen it quite this bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Red Pepper wrote: »
    Starting to pick up again in Galway but it's been a very average night thus far.

Winds will probably be at there strongest between about midnight and 8 am in this part of the country. Strong near coasts, more gusty inland.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

That plane en route to Cork Airport has just successfully landed in Shannon.

Another RyanAir and Air Lingus flight are set to land in Cork in a few mintues. Wonder if the weather will make them divert elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Miss Stormyseas

After a lull there really strong gusts in Salthill, Galway again. Windows are creaking a bit which I've never heard before, then again we are sea facing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

I have record 69km/h at my SHELTERED location.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

seriously have not heard a wind like this in a very long time.

i'm after charging my mobile.

it's gonna be a long night.

times like these i wish my dad would have fixed the weather station we bought a couple of years back :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Galway1989 wrote: »
    Picking up again in the Tuam area of county Galway.. was getting worried that i'd cancelled the rare opportunity to go out for the sake of a light breeze

Don't let the wind stop you from a good night out in Tuam. You are well inland there and should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭s.m

srry to keep asking but when will it peak here in nw donegal ?
    really not at a fan of bad windstorms

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭megapixel

Rain ain't stopping the drinking in temple bar
    http://www.earthcam.com/search/ft_search.php?term=Cor%20k,%20IRELAND

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,032 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Getting nasty in cork. The wind had died down a bit but it's audible where it wasn't earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Reports of damage to the roof of Cork Universiry Hospital

They went quite on that. [for me anyway]/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

It's howling up the Shannon estuary, the popular tree's protecting Shannon town are arching over lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

lights just started flicking here on the northside of cork city

• Registered Users Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Gusting to 109 km/h in Cork Airport - 2013/12/26 20:30 EICK 262030Z 22040G59KT 7000 -RA BKN004 BKN011 BKN040 11/11 Q0969 BECMG BKN012

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Nights like this is why Flightradar24_is one of the best phone apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭CBX

Very strong winds here in cork. Just had a wooden panel blown down which was separating our house from the neighbours.

286082.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Getting a bit louder in Cork city here. I came down from Dublin earlier, wouldve been getting in at 10 and walking home then. Got in at 5....think its been a beneficial idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Shannon had flights diverted away to other airports namely Dublin and Cork earlier this evening. With change of direction the fortunes between Cork and Shannon is being reversed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    lights just started flicking here on the northside of cork city

Probably some outages nothing new other than a localised fault in Mayfield showing up on Powercheck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement