Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Wind Storm late 26th-27th December

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭shmaupel

I'm getting 954 here in South Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

• Registered Users Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭squonk

My tuppence. I don't need to read about flights diverted or electricity out in town X. I'm here because I'm interested in the actual weather conditions. I've had to read too much muck while trying to catch up about flights and arguments over what should be included. This is the weather forum. The flight forum is available for diversions and start an ESB forum for blackouts. I'm not interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cazzy15

Very blustery in Galway, saw a report on FB of a tornado in Donegal, is that true??..
    I hate this windy weather..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Wet and windy here. . .The weather that is, in Clondalkin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RaeRae

Kippure wrote: »
    Anyone living along the river dodder in Dublin? Is it flooding?

I was down to look at it about 40 minutes ago, in Churchtown, and it didn't look too high at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭snowstorm2013

Very strong gusts all evening here on coast in north Co. Sligo. Quite dramatic in last half hour. Went from severe gale gusts to a clear starry calm. Managed to go out with strong torch and check roof tiles etc. In last five minutes it is starting to re build and already gale gusts are hitting house. Was it the calm before the main swathe of winds?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Gusts increasing in the southwest on the 10pm reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭hypersonic

total silence in wexford town.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

953hpa ,Belmullet, 2200 reports. highest Gust on the 2200 reports is Sherkin @ 65kts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

squonk wrote: »
    My tuppence. I don't need to read about flights diverted or electricity out in town X. I'm here because I'm interested in the actual weather conditions. I've had to read too much muck while trying to catch up about flights and arguments over what should be included. This is the weather forum. The flight forum is available for diversions and start an ESB forum for blackouts. I'm not interested.

My thrupence. I like to take a holistic view. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

Just back from a jog. Rain is heavy but hardly any wind. South Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Seems unusually calm in Cork City all of a sudden.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

It would be a pretty dull thread in fairness with no discussion of the effects of the storm.

It is wet, it is windy /thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Quote from news 'weather conditions across cork reported as atrocious'
    To think that met eireann hummed and hawed whether to include cork
    Arghhhh is all I can say to whoever was on in glasnevin this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Bsal

72kts recorded at kinsale energy

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭tu2j2

relaxed wrote: »
    If all the airports are too dangerous to land and they are running low on fuel??

But they're not too dangerous to land (except cork at the moment) and nobodys running low on fuel after 1 missed approach. I don't see it as an imminent danger situation for aircraft just yet.

Its probably a good thing this peaks overnight from an airline/transport point of view.

This thread is probably better for whats happening in the skys :Dhttp://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057050461&page=41

Im in Wexford here and its as windy as I can remember it being for a long time, its pretty sustained as well although we do get the odd massive gust. I imagine there'll be a lot of damage from this come the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭squonk

North Clare: as bad as I've ever heard it here. Periods of very gusty winds and at least the rain has died. The sustained gusts could cause trouble here by morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Very stormy now in kerry, doubt they will have much trouble on the streets of dingle this year :rolleyes: Unless its flying bins etc.
    dont mind flight updates on the thread, you should just press f5 more often if it is an issue as it adds to the picture overall i feel ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Very strong gusts in Tralee now, the worst of the evening so far. Its not too far away now I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Will stick that in the till - might have enough for a 10c bar later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Bsal wrote: »
    72kts recorded at kinsale energy
    Whats that in mph?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Ludo wrote: »
    It would be a pretty dull thread in fairness with no discussion of the effects of the storm.

It is wet, it is windy /thread.

The OP only wants things that affects them, he should pop to his town thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Cheer up grumps :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Careful Space Time, the mods don't want anything other than the weather been discussed on here even if it has to do with weather, strange but true!

This is the last of the smart cracks , bans will follow ,

We dont mind the reports but when 30 posts from 40 are all Aviation related thats a bit too much .

Once again the posts are allowed but try to remember its a weather forum .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Whats that in mph?

82mph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

cazzy15 wrote: »
    Very blustery in Galway, saw a report on FB of a tornado in Donegal, is that true??..
    I hate this windy weather..

Lost electricity, phone and internet for a while here, possibly something to do with that..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Whats that in mph?

Just under 83 mph. 1 kt = 1.15 mph.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Very gusty here in Firhouse D24.
    We drove down early from Glengormley, Belfast based on weather reports of the storm....glad we did so now.....
    In other news so windy here (sprouts?) that several wine bottles fell over and caused a minor flood on the table and floor......LOL
    Seriously though I hope all those Christmas revellers stay safe and get home ok.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

Belfast is mental.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement