Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Wind Storm late 26th-27th December

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

unkymo wrote: »
    Very strong gusts in Tralee now, the worst of the evening so far. Its not too far away now I'd say.

Yeah it should be starting to get severe down there soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

squonk wrote: »
    I'm here because I'm interested in the actual weather conditions.

Why?

You already said you don't care about conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Yeah it should be starting to get severe down there soon.
    Bloody hell its really picked up now, cant imagine what damge will be done if it gets any worse. Hope its just a few branches etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭relaxed

tu2j2 wrote: »
    But they're not too dangerous to land (except cork at the moment) and nobodys running low on fuel after 1 missed approach. I don't see it as an imminent danger situation for aircraft just yet.

Its probably a good thing this peaks overnight from an airline/transport point of view.

This thread is probably better for whats happening in the skys :Dhttp://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057050461&page=41

Im in Wexford here and its as windy as I can remember it being for a long time, its pretty sustained as well although we do get the odd massive gust. I imagine there'll be a lot of damage from this come the morning.

Shannon has had flights diverted as well this evening, and there are problems being reported in Belfast airport, I can't imagine Kerry and Knock being in great shape, Donegal is also out of action, so that leaves Dublin, hardly an ideal situation with the weather in Dublin getting worse by the hour too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Biggest gust at my nearest weather station of 93 at 10.20:eek: ( ballybritttas,Laois )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Have we any current weather pictures in yet? Downed tree,s flooding etc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

diceyd wrote: »
    can we stick to the weather updates please and not flights

Jeez chill out will ya, its Christmas, people are gonna talk about the disruptions the WEATHER is causing on a forum about a severe storm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Picked up here in cork again. Didn't have internet for the last 20 mins. Sounds likes its getting stronger too. Worried about the shed outside. Hopefully it will still be there in the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Kippure wrote: »

If you are serious subscribe to the AA's twitter page here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Bloody hell its really picked up now, cant imagine what damge will be done if it gets any worse. Hope its just a few branches etc.

Going on [your] ? report earlier, it was just an hour later it hit me, now it's worse you say. AN never mind if it was not actuality you. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Very rough in cork now again

• Registered Users Posts: 40,032 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Wind picking up again in cork after it had calmed down a bit ? Is this what was expected ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

hawkwind23 wrote: »
    Belfast is mental.

No change there then...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Kippure wrote: »

The main thing affected so far are the flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Went a bit quite here for a while in suncroft but started back up even stronger ,also a large tree down between suncroft and athy on the back road be carefull if you have to travel tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 36,155 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Going to get worse.

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/isobaric/1000hPa/orthographic=-3.07,51.59,1506

More and more red appearing ( if it's accurate that is )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

For those of us who may be reading on mobiles (likely if the power goes) could you please remember to post your location in the thread? The info doesn't appear alongside your name on the mobile version!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭vizualpics

Some very strong gusts now in Castlebar, Mayo in the last 15mins..Really picking up compared to what we had earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

rain has stopped and it has quiet practically all of a sudden here in arklow

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Red Nissan wrote: »
    Going on [your] ? report earlier, it was just an hour later it hit me, now it's worse you say. AN never mind if it was not actuality you. :)
    Has ramped up a notch in the last half hour, letterbox flaps are my yardstick at the moment. Violent now in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

CptMackey wrote: »
    Picked up here in cork again. Didn't have internet for the last 20 mins. Sounds likes its getting stronger too. Worried about the shed outside. Hopefully it will still be there in the morning

Cork city or county?! Yeah gusty where I am as well in north cork though it did get quiet for about 30 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Faustino

It calmed here in Dublin 4 for maybe 20 or 30 minutes, biggest gusts so far have just started, seem to be coming from a different direction.

Am i right in thinking the worst is still hours away?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Nice puddle of water 2 feet deep at the Santry River Bridge in Raheny village and again near the Texaco garage on the Howth Road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

We just stepped up a gear in West Galway, finally.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭microsim

AA's Twitter feed is interesting.. fallen trees all over the place..

WEXFORD: Lots of reports of fallen trees around Wexford/New Ross/Enniscorthy. Gardaí are urging people to stay off the roads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

xXxkorixXx wrote: »
    rain has stopped and it has quiet practically all of a sudden here in arklow
    No it hasn't lol,I'm south of the town and its gusting to 50 MPH still

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

microsim wrote: »
    AA's Twitter feed is interesting.. fallen trees all over the place..

WEXFORD: Lots of reports of fallen trees around Wexford/New Ross/Enniscorthy. Gardaí are urging people to stay off the roads.

Ya I've been following it for a couple of hours, very informative

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cazzy15

Faustino wrote: »
    It calmed here in Dublin 4 for maybe 20 or 30 minutes, biggest gusts so far have just started, seem to be coming from a different direction.

Am i right in thinking the worst is still hours away?

Think the worst is still at sea yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Usually love the sound of rain lashing against the window but this is scary. In a dormer house and can feel slight movement in the floor. Baby will be in our bed very soon. What kind of wind speeds would be needed to lift roof off?
    In kilcolgan co galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Becoming a bit violent here in Galway

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement