Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Wind Storm late 26th-27th December

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Faustino

Took the dog out for his evening constitutional, kept him on the lead to be safe. He decided to do his business at a much closer spot than normal, then during the middle of it.. one of those industrial bins from a nearby restaurant toppled over and came flying past us.

Would have been flattened if it wasn't for him deciding on a different spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

It's pretty noisy near Limerick City. Will there be a roof on my house in the morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Alright that's nice to hear. Something metal just went flying here in north side of cork city.

Which parts are you located? I'm up Knocknaheeny way for the night. Bark is sounding worse than the bite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Bsal

From the Shannon area North to Galway looks to be getting the strongest winds from now until 9am

0300z_zps5c5fecd2.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Wales seeing the worst of it 109mp/h recorded at Aberdaron(94m) http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/weather/maps/current?R=310&LEVEL=140&ART=wind&WMO=03405&LANG=en&SI=mph&CEL=C

And 94mp/h recorded Capel Curig(215m) http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/weather/maps/current?R=310&LEVEL=140&ART=wind&WMO=03305&LANG=en&SI=mph&CEL=C

While in comparison Sherkin island has seen 83mp/h

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭Storm 10

One ship off the South coast must be taking a hammering Galway Fisher heading to Galway making 2 knots

• Registered Users Posts: 40,032 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

pandaboy wrote: »
    Which parts are you located? I'm up Knocknaheeny way for the night. Bark is sounding worse than the bite.

Near mayfield but not in mayfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭noobsnow95

House is shaking in Limerick city. Wind has picked up considerably in the last 30 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

No point going to bed wind is too loud o god its getting even worse if thats possible at this stage ...galway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

DukeIE wrote: »
    cheers, not too far from there ( in friends ). Will it get much worse or just continue as is ? ( not driving anywhere anyway ).

Mostly to continue as is.

• Advertisement

Near mayfield but not in mayfield.

Same. It'll be rough up the Tank Fields. Lights at the water tower went out about half an hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Severe winds in claregalway now my nerves are utterly shot

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Storm 10 wrote: »
    One ship off the South coast must be taking a hammering Galway Fisher heading to Galway making 2 knots

In this weather just keeping the nose into the waves is all the skipper will be trying to do, never mind making much headway!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭freelancerTax

Definitely getting worse in Waterford out the dunmore road.

Wind is fierce strong and driving painful sounding rain

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭wonder88

Bad now in Galway alright, started raining again now, hope it passes quickly, no sleep for me I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Severe winds in claregalway now my nerves are utterly shot

We're here with you friend.

View the posts, keep the chat going and we'll work through the weather on the forum. Good bunch of guys and gals here to keep you company. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 213 ✭✭rambojon

Zzippy wrote: »
    In this weather just keeping the nose into the waves is all the skipper will be trying to do, never mind making much headway!

Power gone in west Clare and def picking up if that's possible.. Worst in memory and bloody nervous. Right on Coast. Yikes!!

Same. It'll be rough up the Tank Fields. Lights at the water tower went out about half an hour ago.

What water tower ? There isn't a water tower up there.

Some very intense gusts now in Swords near Dublin airport.

What water tower ? There isn't a water tower up there.

Knocknaheeny, I'm up there for the night with family. Normally living in Mayfield. Streetlights are going mental, surprised the wheelie bins haven't blown away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭annieoburns

Some planes unable to land and were diverted.... 2am radio news

Knocknaheeny, I'm up there for the night with family. Normally living in Mayfield. Streetlights are going mental, surprised the wheelie bins haven't blown away.

Oh yeah sorry. I'm surprised the power hasn't gone out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

5th esb interruption of the weather event here in West Limerick.

Just brief hits and then back again.

The sound the wind is making passing through the roof top tv aerials is scary, sounds very evil :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 213 ✭✭rambojon

Can any1 tell if or when this is supposed to peak..? Taking sleeper now know it won't work though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I'm having serious concerns for our roof, it's an old house and the creaking from the roof is getting worse

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭moneymad

Tactical wrote: »
    We're here with you friend.

View the posts, keep the chat going and we'll work through the weather on the forum. Good bunch of guys and gals here to keep you company. :)

Good man.

Oh yeah sorry. I'm surprised the power hasn't gone out.

Same, the locals down the road in Blarney got a power outage. But that's all along the North Valley, they get some serious North Westerly winds. The hills filter a lot of it for ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Hope everybody is okay, getting pretty bad in Dublin. Take Care

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Some planes unable to land and were diverted.... 2am radio news

you're not serious :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement