Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Wind Storm late 26th-27th December

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

How long is this due to last?
    Have sheds to mend

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Nice gust of wind set of the house alarm there, cue me heading downstairs with a sand wedge in hand expecting the worst :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Mech1 wrote: »
    Thanks for listening guys we had a high of 348 listeners on my ATC feed alone tonight:D

Pat.

Thanks for the feed, you're doing us Knockly9ers proud :)

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

Strong gusts being reported. Stay safe folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

It could be the jars on me but I'm
    Sure I can see 2 aul lads chatting in the left corner of this pic on the rte story about the storm

What about the laughing skull above the aul lad on the right. Eek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Thoughts with the fire service who are currently out dealing with downed trees and flooding..
    They have been out here since 8pm non stop.

Lost power here in south east Kerry 30 minutes ago but only for 5 minutes.
    Gusts are crazy..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I'm on the Cavan/Meath border and by jeepers those gusts are something else :eek:
    I can't even imagine what fellow boardsies in the southern part of they country are dealing with!!
    Hope not too much damage to property etc, Christmas is enough of an expense.

On a side note, I follow the weather threads all the time, don't post a lot as I'm not educated in the field like the others on here.
    But I'm learning, I now know about tightly packed isobars and dropping pressure.
    Last year I was educated about dew point in relation to snow :D
    So thanks to all the "weather boardsies" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Just got home and there is a lot of debris and water on the roads. Nowhere near as windy as it was earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Forecast chart for 5am. Strongest winds in mid-west/midlands and along south and east coasts. Winds really dropping off here now, though still gusty in showers as low moves in. 954.3 hPa falling more slowly.

286137.gif

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Finding it hard to sleep near Limerick with the violent gusts. Keeping the radio on. Probably take to the bed during the day. I hope I won't have major problems on my farm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Quite windy with a bit of rain here in Clare. Don't think it's too bad though, lights flickering occasionally but thankfully the power has stayed on. Just glad to be indoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭aboyro

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Forecast chart for 5am. Strongest winds in mid-west/midlands and along south and east coasts. Winds really dropping off here now, though still gusty in showers as low moves in. 954.3 hPa falling more slowly.

286137.gif

if thats 5am what am i experiencing now:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

The wind and rain has been crazy here all night, had no electricity for a couple of hours. There was me thinking it'd be nothing out of the ordinary for up here :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daelight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Not been online for a few hours but was expecting much higher wind reports from the SW, highest gust on met.ie at the moment is only 67kts and only a handful of coastal stations are even recording gale force winds. I know the south isn't as used to strong winds but reports on here seem wildly exaggerated going by official recordings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Its bad, but I have been out in worse before. Certainly not the worst in my memory anyway. Is it supposed to get worse tomorrow or clear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

kryogen wrote: »
    Its bad, but I have been out in worse before. Certainly not the worst in my memory anyway. Is it supposed to get worse tomorrow or clear?
    Better tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

aboyro wrote: »
    if thats 5am what am i experiencing now:eek::eek:

The 3 am chart :D

286138.gif

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭robclay26

Looking at a weather app for aviation, it has webcameras in it and inchidoney island and spa resort camera looking out to sea has idiots cars parked looking over the coast. Taken 20 minutes ago!
    Are they thick or what?
    See my attached pic

• Registered Users Posts: 31 missfemale

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    The 3 am chart :D

286138.gif

Hitting the red zone now 😦😦

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭aboyro

oooh thats a relief!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Craigels

Idiots!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

No wheelie bins or anything flying down the road and a drunk made it past the house in a relatively straight line so Id say we are safe enough, lights flickered a while ago and the wind is howling but I was expecting more :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭riaganach

Cork airport:
    02h00: 36kts gusting to 53kts @240
    02h30: 36kts gusting to 51kts @240
    03h00: 31kts gusting to 52kts @240

Actual is attached....

Craigels wrote: »
    Idiots!
    Huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭tu2j2

Its bad enough now here in Wexford. Its been gradually building all evening, I reckon it was at its worst about 20min ago, not that its got much better since, it'll be interesting to see the 03:00 reports. Johnstown castle was 29gust51 at 02:00 which is about 10km south of me here. It definately feels worse but that doesnt count for much.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/isobaric/1000hPa/orthographic=-7.20,52.38,3000

Tap on the red bits!! I found 120kmh just off Coast of Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

robclay26 wrote: »
    Looking at a weather app for aviation, it has webcameras in it and inchidoney island and spa resort camera looking out to sea has idiots cars parked looking over the coast. Taken 20 minutes ago!
    Are they thick or what?
    See my attached pic

Dem bise are 2 fast 4 dat furious wind bro!

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Craigels

WikiHow wrote: »
    Huh?

The people taking photos by the shore...

• Advertisement

Craigels wrote: »
    Idiots!
    You go there girl ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement