Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Wind Storm late 26th-27th December

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Mech1

what are the three different tower to listen to?

My feed is the first on the list of 3, im told its the best reception.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭jimmy blevins

Wind seems to be shifting in direction direction in kerry now, avg. wind speed dying down but still some sustained gusts in the last hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

Mech1 wrote: »
    My feed is the first on the list of 3, im told its the best reception.

Is your feed available through the android app also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

County Clare: Eek, think the tiles are close to coming off the roof if some haven't already! Some wind! It's gotten WAY stronger over the last hour! Feeling nervous now!! Serves me right for proclaiming that I didn't think the wind was that bad earlier on!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 213 ✭✭rambojon

Continues to increase in west Clare .. Def worse now than few hours ago.. When I was ****less earlier.. Never thought I say this but very scary stuff.

• Advertisement

Is your feed available through the android app also?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

LATEST IRISH WEATHER REPORTS
    ON 27-DEC-2013 for 04:00

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

There's nothing a 'press the red button' high-fangled Aldidl weather station will tell you that a good life-threatening selfie won't. Get out in your garden or your neighbourhood NOW and capture some madness for Sky News. You know you want to...

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭horsefarm

I hope EIN104 has a safe landing

That normally flies over my house on its approach. I would NOT like to be in a plane in this wind. I doubt I'll hear it this morning over the scary creaking roof noises. In fact if the wind here is anything to go by, I'd be surprised if it even attempted to land

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,501 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Just been awoken by some serious sounding gusts, roof of the house is howling!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

horsefarm wrote: »
    That normally flies over my house on its approach. I would NOT like to be in a plane in this wind. I doubt I'll hear it this morning over the scary creaking roof noises. In fact if the wind here is anything to go by, I'd be surprised if it even attempted to land

It's almost landed :)

Aircraft(A333)
    Airbus A330-302
    Registration(4CA74E)
    EI-EAV
    Altitude
    0 ft
    Vertical Speed
    0 fpm

So safe landing then

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

not-sure-if-earthquake-or-just-the-wind-thumb.jpg

Been non-stop gusts and howls here

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Faustino

mayotom wrote: »
    great news, hopefully thats an area specific tornado or something...

reality is that Dublin is quiet calm compared to the south and west coasts

Gusts of 59 knots are hardly a quiet calm, god help those in worse affected areas

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭otherfrog

Flight that just landed on R16 passing on sink & speed issues on approach, caused by wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Delighted they landed safely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Gusts are becoming more regular and stronger now here in South East Kerry.
    Starting to become very worrying,Small debris hitting the windows and this is not a very exposed location.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I have just been woken up by it, the sound is incredible it's howling like crazy. I am in Limerick city.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

after calming a lot here in cadbury, co.kildare. Possibly in the eye??

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Anyone what time eye is expected over Clare at? Need some sleep :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Nothing dramatic happening here. Just the odd strong gust, Typical Irish weather really...

TypicalIrishWeather_zpsaad19710.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Just had a fierce gust in Limerick. All the inside doors were rattling like mad and bits of debris hitting the windows. Definitely the worst one yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

65 knots highest gust recorded 04.00 in various COASTAL locations. Inland we're looking at the 30's to a high of 59 knots. I think this has been mighty over-hyped so far. Obviously not a popular statement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Marcus Halberstram

Limericks wrote: »
    Just had a fierce gust in Limerick. All the inside doors were rattling like mad and bits of debris hitting the windows. Definitely the worst one yet.

Yeah out in Ardnacrusha here, high up, sounds like a train going through my house, small debris belting off windows.

Boston - Dub Flight

Aircraft(A332)
    Airbus A330-202

Registration(4CA5C6)
    EI-DUO

Altitude 21,850 ft

Vertical Speed -3584 fpm

ETA 4:56 AM GMT

Strongest feeling gust sofar just hit my location

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

Pretty bad here in the Ennis Road area at the mo.

Had to go down and calm the dog who was barking at the wind. Sat by the fire and the noise from the chimney was MENTAL...

Got a text from our daughter in Cork earlier, to say she was safely home from work. She said parts of the city were closed off and she was really scared - she's normally very relaxed and calm!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

maiden wrote: »
    Anyone what time eye is expected over Clare at? Need some sleep :(

The eye of the storm is passing over the north of the country, so there will be no real respite for any part of the country until it passes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Marcus Halberstram

Weathering wrote: »
    65 knots highest gust recorded 04.00 in various COASTAL locations. Inland we're looking at the 30's to a high of 59 knots. I think this has been mighty over-hyped so far. Obviously not a popular statement

Yeah sure who cares about the coastal regions. Screw em.

Honestly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Good lord . Just woken up by the bin crashing into the back fence. The electricity poles are roaring and whistling like I've never heard them before

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement