Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Wind Storm late 26th-27th December

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

fr336 wrote: »
    Christ. Surprised a jet just landed.

So am I.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

zenno wrote: »
    So am I.

Guess there's a lot of complexities with the runways

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Approach Route ...when Gusting 56

286142.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Any update on the sting jet possibility?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

A lack of windshear can make the approach handier than expected.Im in norway at the mo a bit of a storm here too but sounds like hell in irl.Keep safe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

DominoDub wrote: »
    Approach Route ...when Gusting 56

286142.png

Rokna hold

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Did EIN136 land?
    According to Flightradar.com she is still flying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭Mech1

gone around

fr336 wrote: »
    Guess there's a lot of complexities with the runways

Max gust now 63 knots / 72.4991 mph

The gusts now are more forceful than earlier when some aircraft diverted to Birmingham, some pilots take the chance or they are just more experienced in landing in these conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 andrioolis

going for a second approach

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭Mech1

136 deciding now what they intend to do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Poor aul Shamrock 136 had to go around due to a windshear warning on final. He won't be able to hold much longer before diverting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

zenno wrote: »
    Max gust now 63 knots / 72.4991 mph

The gusts now are more forceful than earlier when some aircraft diverted to Birmingham, some pilots take the chance or they are just more experienced in landing in these conditions.

This one looks like its not gonna land in Dublin going by Flightradar.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭winterwonder

I'm in west cork, outside clonakilty, anyone due to work in the city in the morning? Do ye think I should try brave the drive to work? Doesn't seem to be letting up at all? Any updates on the roads situation? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

EI136 couldn't land. They're trying to decide now if they'll try land again or divert to Shannon.

Winds at Dublin airport gusting 63 now

She is trying again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭twincamman

Bad enough near mallow co.cork.im here in my bunker bed in the truck.cab rocking with the wind

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭cabledude

Woken by house alarm going off. Cannot believe we still have power and internet. Scary stuff out there

@ MET Eireann

Exceptionally windy this morning with gale to storm force southwest winds and damaging gusts. The winds will start to ease early this afternoon but it will continue very windy in the east and north. In the evening westerly winds will decrease to fresh or strong. Weatherwise there will be heavy showers with a risk of thunder.

Come on 136. Aint gonna go to bed till you land.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭stooge

Not one to get easily scared by the weather but right now here in Roscommon the wind is at the worst I've ever heard. Very worried about damage outside and the black bin I left out for collection! Am I right in saying we have another few hours left before this starts to wind down?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Come on 136. Aint gonna go to bed till you land.

Yeah Im curious now aswell..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Limericks wrote: »
    Just had a fierce gust in Limerick. All the inside doors were rattling like mad and bits of debris hitting the windows. Definitely the worst one yet.

Scratch that, just had one that was way worse again. Looked out the window and see a cat scatter and get lifted into the air for a second or two. Pretty sure tiles came off the roof too :(

She is approaching... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

Come back rain/snow all is forgiven. Eyes only hanging out of my head wit the tiredness. No let up at all. Carlow. I have a dog asleep on my neck and one hiding under my blankets.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Faustino

stooge wrote: »
    Not one to get easily scared by the weather but right now here in Roscommon the wind is at the worst I've ever heard. Very worried about damage outside and the black bin I left out for collection! Am I right in saying we have another few hours left before this starts to wind down?

If your black bin is still standing upright and hasn't decided to move to a house further up the street, you most likely haven't had the worst of it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭JayzuzHowiye

Funny hearing EI136 giving out about the equipment, and the ATC'r saying he's not in charge of the budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Victoria Fortescue

She is approaching... :)

When she was told to go around I heard her overhead. Hope they make it and safely :)

Here we go.

come on baby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Google ads on this thread for "heavy duty shelters"!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement