Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics Card Rail on MoBo crooked?

Options
  • 25-12-2013 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hey Guys,

I could use a bit of help regarding my PC I received yesterday from Hardwareversand.

I didn't expect them to build it together with the cables all nice and sorted, so I decided to do that today and directly noticed "huh.. the graphics card looks awkwardly crooked"

igjxweidua.jpg

(ignore the network/USB card, I need them for something else but didn't have the option to "not" have them built in)

rb3kyufsulz2.jpg

s5luj76dumxj.jpg

After a second glance, it actually looks like they removed the whole "rail" (sorry Im not even sure if its called rail or slot) and replaced it with a new one since the colours are different.

If you look at the before pic, you can see that is really is a close fit, and after cleaning the cables, I had to remove the SDD rail (1st pic, right side mid, pretty much alligned with the GraCa) in order to get the card back into place nicely.

I already did some benchmark tests and it seems to be running just fine like that, but it still somewhat worries me and I would like to know if it might cause issues in the future? I'm no pro and will be sending Hardwareversand an email about that anyway, but I'm kinda hoping to receive a quicker response here.

Cheers and happy holidays!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

Was the motherboard a 'Special Item'? That can mean it's used/refurbished etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Its a PCI slot, handy to know if you have to reference it with hardwareversand.

That certainly shouldnt be like that, dont know how they would let that go as ok.

Was the gpu installed already when you got it?
    Could have got damaged in transit also

Definitely should be advising against getting HWVS to build it, the amount of threads now with people having issues after getting it built

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭ozmo

Thats one seriously dodgy picture hosting site-

Never had a site popup so many adds on my phone before- beware!

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

As far as I would be concerned that motherboard is a reject.

The PCI-e slot that takes the graphics card is so out of alignment it is a wonder it works at all.

It *could* have been damaged in transit due to the weight of the graphics card.

I would suggest a replacement motherboard, at minimum, is in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Epi

@Seaaan: No, it wasn't showing as a "special item" and I paid full price for it, so I doubt they would've used a used one..but I'll check that with them as well.

And yes, it was pre-built and arrived just like that. (As mentioned, I received it yesterday and just wanted to sort out the mess inside today) I tried gently wiggling it back into place, not using any kind of force, but it is definitely rather snug in that current position.

And sorry about the popups, I use Adblock on my PC so I didn't see any popups.

Thanks for the help though, I'll be contacting them to see what they have to say to it.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Blitz17

Definitely shouldnt be like that. What Gigabyte board is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Epi

Blitz17 wrote: »
    Definitely shouldnt be like that. What Gigabyte board is it ?

Its a H87 HD3.

I sent them an email, waiting for a reply..

Advertisement