Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man City vs Liverpool

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Oh boo hoo, City should have had about 5 for Skrtl doing the same thing.

Are you supporting city now utd have gone ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Liamalone wrote: »
    Just wow at some of the ref comments.

Have you been too busy LYAO at Mignolets howler to actually watch the game properly or are you just trying to wind everyone up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Just wow at some of the ref comments.

I'm a neutal(I rather like City actually) but that referee and his linesmen were pathetic.

He didn't cost Liverpool the game though, poor finishing did. Several glaring misses, you can't afford to miss chances like they had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Disappointing that the offside descision was so vital but thats sport.

Would have loved a draw, but it just means that 3 points at Stamford Bridge is a must if Liverpool are to have title hopes.

City should win the league. Best squad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Turtyturd wrote: »
    You do this every week....you should be better at it by now.:pac:

Linesman got it badly wrong in the first half, referee was ok, not bad but not good. Hardly corrupt as some are suggesting lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

Kirby wrote: »
    Those aren't my words. These are my words.

Divers shouldn't be rewarded. The ref decides the decision. It's up to him if it's a foul....its not up to you to dive to "highlight it" or "make sure he see's the foul". That's cheating.

You can quote them if you want.

All I said was that it was a penalty. You seemed amazed at that despite agreeing that a foul had taken place in the penalty area!! Hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Man City -1 7/4 and Man City -2 18/5 are bets of the day tomorrow

Fair play. Hope you lost your bollix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

The "pundits" will slaughter Skittles for the 1st goal (& rightly so). However his tackle count & tackle effort was fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

niallo27 wrote: »
    Are you supporting city now utd have gone ****e.

Its this thing called saying what is actually going on,

Obviously the concept confuses you judging by your history of posting the most incredibly deluded nonsense in United threads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Oh boo hoo, City should have had about 5 for Skrtl doing the same thing.

Or you know every corner and free into the box in every game, but hey, let's keep focused on skrtrl.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I'll take that result away to Man City lads.

Could have been a lot worse.

Goal difference still strong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Man City just the better team today. Liverpool need to spend some money on some midfielders.

Michael Owen seriously needs a P45

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Liverpool deserved at least a draw tonight, can only blame themselves with the missed chances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Fair play. Hope you lost your bollix.

Petty beyond belief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

rarnes1 wrote: »

It's theirs to lose. Love watching Silva. One of the best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

He booked him for dangerous play, just because he didnt connect doesnt mean it wasnt dangerous.

It was the exact same as Wellbeck today V Hull and he was not booked and there was lots more contact with the keeper who went off injured at half time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Lapin wrote: »
    I'll take that result away to Man City lads.

A draw yes but can't really take any loss as acceptable. Especially a game in which Liverpool created a pile of chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Screwed on Sterling offside, draw was fair. Bah humbug

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Not an absolute travesty or anything but City didn't really deserve a whole lot out of that game.
    But if you're missing chances like Sterling's against a team like City you've got to take that into account. Need to score those kinds of chances in tight games.
    Well and good scoring the 4th goal when you're battering a team. Still, on the whole a good performance by a young lad.

I'd rather we had **** luck and awful refereeing against us in a game that was a shot to nothing - a game in which we had nothing to lose really, against the best team in the country by an absolute mile.

Impressive performances by quite a few there. Only really disappointed with Johnson (again) and Sakho for the last 35 minutes. He went a bit mental.
    Suarez was relatively quiet but still managed to very nearly set up several goals.

City will be happy that they got the points and will move on. A gritty enough performance and a bit more controlled for most of the 2nd half. They were nothing special other than 1 or 2 flurries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Hard luck lads, on play alone Liverpool were worth a draw, but it's goals that count and Sterling lets ye down there. Our lads put more chances away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,905 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Aaaaand breathe!

Massive three points for us, some great performances but also the usual dodginess at the back.

Wouldn't have begrudged Pool a point all things considered but the fact that we came from behind to win against a team in form shows our character this season. Negredo was superb, has everything you want in a centre forward, and Kompany obviously makes a huge difference at the back too. Hart was solid, and we kept Suarez scoreless.

For Pool, that defence just isn't good enough in the long run. Skrtel and Djimi Sakho would worry me every week if they were in my team and, ultimately, I think that will be their undoing. Sterling and Coutinho are too lightweight but there's no one better to replace them with, as we saw when Moses came on.

Lee Mason is a crap ref, always has been, but realistically he could have given penos at both ends.

Pool have come a long way though and really should make the top four.

With all that said, back in yisser box! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Happy enough with the performance. Considering teams have been hockeyed there, we competed well and should have got something. Making decent progress though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Enjoyable game, thought it was very even and was impressed with Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Man City just the better team today. Liverpool need to spend some money on some midfielders.

Michael Owen seriously needs a P45

What game were you watching liverpool were every bit as good as man city if not better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Xavi6 wrote: »
    With all that said, back in yisser box! :pac:
    Agree with everything but that, ye blue nosed fecker :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

City deserved the win. Negredo was in a different class to any player on the pitch. City could've had a few penalties with Skrtel's antics. Suarez more interested in diving and moaning at the ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

BNMC wrote: »
    City deserved the win. Negredo was in a different class to any player on the pitch. City could've had a few penalties with Skrtel's antics. Suarez more interested in diving and moaning at the ref.

When did he dive? Lescott fouled him twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Nice unbiased view here.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

City were better team. They beat Liverpool hands down in middle.

haha what game were you watching? your pool hate shings through in every comment - when we beat spurs 5-0 you probably thought they were unlucky

most neutrals would say it was an even game with liverpool shading it in terms of clear-cut chances

that aligned with an offside decision that directly cost liverpool a goal and a goalkeeping error that directly gave city a goal should lead anyone who declares city beat liverpool hands down to be basically ignored due to bias

wait for the post game interviews and we'll hear if even the city players and manager think they won hands down

loltastic stuff as ever

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

monkey9 wrote: »
    Happy enough with the performance. Considering teams have been hockeyed there, we competed well and should have got something. Making decent progress though.

Pretty much, putting aside the peno incidents. You can't go to City, allow a goal from a corner, have a clear easy decision goal disallowed, have a goal keeping howler, miss 4 golden chances (2 with open goals) and expect to win really.

City were poor compared to us, but we handed them the game. Anyone who thinks differently wasn't watching the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Liverpool had the 2 best chances of the game, had it being Suarez on the end of them instead of setting them up, the score line would have being differemt, good game for the neutrals though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Disappointed but it hasn't diminished my optimism that we can nick 4th, especially if we buy a midfielder in January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Johner wrote: »
    When did he dive? Lescott fouled him twice.
    Lescott pulled his jersey then he proceeds to jump a few feet into the air with his hands up.

How that happened from a simple pull of the jersey I'll never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

donfers wrote: »
    haha what game were you watching? your pool hate shings through in every comment - when we beat spurs 5-0 you probably thought they were unlucky

most neutrals would say it was an even game with liverpool shading it in terms of clear-cut chances

that aligned with an offside decision that directly cost liverpool a goal and a goalkeeping error that directly gave city a goal should lead anyone who declares city beat liverpool hands down to be basically ignored due to bias

wait for the post game interviews and we'll hear if even the city players and manager think they won hands down

loltastic stuff as ever

sore loser?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

rarnes1 wrote: »

Definitely. Might sign a keeper to make it sure, with Kompany back they should be better defensively. With the keeper situation hard call to make there, Hart did play well tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Go on away. Liverpool were as good as man city just a bit more luck on there side. Ref was poor for both sides.

Kompany says it's the hardest game City have had at home this season.

Its this thing called saying what is actually going on,

Obviously the concept confuses you judging by your history of posting the most incredibly deluded nonsense in United threads.

I never go near the utd thread. There isn't enough room for me with everyone insulting the **** out of Moyes and the whole team.

donfers wrote: »

My pool hate???

show me these comments???? or else your a .........

or turtyturd seems like he is obsessed with me ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Disappointed with that.

On another day Liverpool could have gotten something from that.
    Good thing is that Liverpool are competing with teams like City which is a big improvement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

City need another good CB too, Lescott and Demichalis (sp) arent good enough for them, Nastasic is however a very good young CB and will only get better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Well, having watched that and saw City play well below par and still win, and with Aguero to return I think they will win the league this season. Money talks again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Not much between the sides. Lucas/Fernandinho/Toure/Silva/Suarez pretty quiet. A game for secondary players, Sterling, Nasri, Navas, Allen. Possibly Zabaleta the difference between the sides.

My pool hate???

show me these comments???? or else your a .........

or turtyturd seems like he is obsessed with me ;-)

In fairness you do like a snide comment. Be a man and say it straight out.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    City need another good CB too, Lescott and Demichalis (sp) arent good enough for them, Nastasic is however a very good young CB and will only get better.

Agree with this.

sore loser?

Come on. Liverpool deserved something out of that game. You have to admit that.

In fairness you do like a snide comment. Be a man and say it straight out.

No snide comments. Man up and take defeat.

I have given Liverpool huge praise all season.

Short ****ing memory:D

Well, having watched that and saw City play well below par and still win, and with Aguero to return I think they will win the league this season. Money talks again.

Should win it really. Their squad is ridiculous when you see the subs they can bring on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Surely City MUST win the league with the money they spend on players and wages

• Advertisement
Advertisement