Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man City vs Liverpool

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

sore loser?

not really - delighted with the performance, very confident of CL

sore at a few decisions and missed chances alright but that's football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

My pool hate???

show me these comments???? or else your a .........

or turtyturd seems like he is obsessed with me ;-)

Nah..not obsessed. I love when anyone who does the false sincerity thing gets pulled up.

Your insider info from your uncle does give me a laugh though.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

donfers wrote: »
    not really - delighted with the performance, very confident of CL

well you did lie.

I could put your pathetic and rubbish Spurs match thread comment to pieces, but I wont make fool of you.

Happy Christmas!;)

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Nah..not obsessed. I love when anyone who does the false sincerity thing gets pulled up.

Your insider info from your uncle does give me a laugh though.;)

Did not realise we know each other?;);)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

GavRedKing wrote: »
    City need another good CB too, Lescott and Demichalis (sp) arent good enough for them, Nastasic is however a very good young CB and will only get better.

I'd be happy with a keeper and a left back

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

A draw yes but can't really take any loss as acceptable. Especially a game in which Liverpool created a pile of chances.

If it was against any other team I'd agree.

But we lost by a single goal to who I believe are the eventual league winners this season.

And they have hammered most visitors this year.

We had a pile of chances but tonight but we stopped a pile of theirs too.

We'll have to take ours at the Bridge.

City did look dodge at the back. Pool got in very easy in first half couple of times. Be only worry if I was City fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

dfx- wrote: »
    Not much between the sides. Lucas/Fernandinho/Toure/Silva/Suarez pretty quiet. A game for secondary players, Sterling, Nasri, Navas, Allen. Possibly Zabaleta the difference between the sides.

Ah gway out of that. Fernandinho (got MOTM even though I disagree) and Yaya were prominent throughout as was Silva in every good city attack...Suarez was very busy to be fair as well. Nasri was very average and very quiet. I will agree Navas/Sterling were very good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Liverpool can be proud at least of the display. Other teams have gone their and gotten hammered like Arsenal and Man Utd. It was a close thing.

• Advertisement

well you did lie.

I could put your pathetic and rubbish Spurs match thread comment to pieces, but I wont make fool of you.

Happy Christmas!;)

ah listen to be honest - anybody who thinks that man city won that game hands down has absolutely no credibility so post what you like lad

looks like you are the one who is sore - don't be so tetchy, you might qualify for the europa league yet ;)

happy xmas to you!

ah listen to be honest - anybody who thinks that man city won that game hands down has absolutely no credibility so post what you like lad

looks like you are the one who is sore - don't be so tetchy, you might qualify for the europa league yet ;)

happy xmas to you!

Se you in May:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Of course this has turned into Liverpool v United. Congrats City fans, I think yous are good for the title, in my book. Time to unfollow the thread, though. All the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Burn!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

What game were you watching liverpool were every bit as good as man city if not better

City in the second half were a good deal better tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

It was a very even game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Go home kid. Your drunk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Yet you could definitely argue that Liverpool had the better chances that half.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Go home kid. Your drunk

can you not let City have some credit?

Be a man niallo. You are better then this.

ah come on - you do come off as being a bit sore, is this the part where I tell you how many european cups we have won or are we above that?

also i find it ironic you accuse me of lying and then suggest I posted pathetic comments in a spurs liverpool match thread that I didn't even post in

getting back to the game - skrtel was quite poor today, always at corner he is focused on man instead of ball, has been happening all season, surely rodgers has to do something about it?

johnson and coutinho still not on top form either

positives; sterling despite the missed chance is improving and allen and henderson look like real players in the middle of the park despite receiving plenty of criticism in times gone by

with gerrard and sturridge to come back and home games against all of our rivals in the second half of the season we should be confident of CL

however I think a new centre-back, defensive midfielder and wide attacker during xmas would really solidify the CL challenge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Johner wrote: »
    It was a very even game.
    But city were better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Yet you could definitely argue that Liverpool had the better chances that half.

City had one chance in the 2nd half

Better finishing from Johnson and Sterling and it could have been so different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Grayditch wrote: »
    Of course this has turned into Liverpool v United. Congrats City fans, I think yous are good for the title, in my book. Time to unfollow the thread, though. All the best.

Yeah, and I'm sure none of us are tired of the Liverpool v United debate :rolleyes:

Cheers Grayditch. Have to say Liverpool played great football, I was expecting a lot from ye and I wasn't disappointed. Ye missed Sturridge for sure, need to put all the chances created.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

entertaining game.once Saurez was kept relatively quiet Liverpool are very limited.
    Reckon City are nailed on to win the title.

ah come on - you do come off as being a bit sore, is this the part where I tell you how many european cups we have won or are we above that?

also i find it ironic you accuse me of lying and then suggest I posted pathetic comments in a spurs liverpool match thread that I didn't even post in

getting back to the game - skrtel was quite poor today, always at corner he is focused on man instead of ball, has been happening all season, surely rodgers has to do something about it?

johnson and coutinho still not on top form either

positives; sterling despite the missed chance is improving and allen and henderson look like real players in the middle of the park despite receiving plenty of criticism in times gone by

with gerrard and sturridge to come back and home games against all of our rivals in the second half of the season we should be confident of CL

however I think a new centre-back, defensive midfielder and wide attacker during xmas would really solidify the CL challenge

remember it was you that brought up the thread.

Listen lad I really dont give a hoot at this stage. Have had super day and hope it gets better.

Cheer up. Not end of world.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Is there a slight irony in United fans celebrating a Liverpool defeat to a Man City team who look odds on to win the League, and whose millions and star studded team will probably be the better team in Manchester for the next few seasons?

Go into all match threads I have commented on this season where Liverpool have played and I have backed Liverpool and praised them game after game. Be it match thread or Liverpool thread.

You feel they were worse team in 2-1 defeat and people get hump.

I challenge anyone to prove different this season? Anyone?

Anyway have good night City fans. Hard look Liverpool maybe next time.(think ye will get result at Bridge ye be happy to hear:D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Nobody is celebrating just the usuals being their usual self as someone had the audacity to suggest City deserved to win.

He will probably get a ban for this
    Brendan Rodgers says match officials were "horrendous". Expresses surprise that "a referee from Greater Manchester" (Bolton) was in charge

can you not let City have some credit?

Be a man niallo. You are better then this.

Of course I do. They ground out a victory. I was just replying to the post saying city were clearly the better side plus I'm not better than this I'm a very bitter red tinted one sided Rafa Rodgers loving kind of supporter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

RasTa wrote: »
    He's right, they were. But he cannot accuse them of anything because they were from Manchester. Yep, will have to face some sanction.

• Advertisement

Of course I do. They ground out a victory. I was just replying to the post saying city were clearly the better side plus I'm not better than this I'm a very bitter red tinted one sided Rafa Rodgers loving kind of supporter.

I will give you credit where it is due niallo at least you can admit it.

good egg(most of time:)).

Hope you picked up few quid on United today after you suggested laying Hull when 2-0.

I will give you credit where it is due niallo at least you can admit it.

good egg(most of time:)).

Hope you picked up few quid on United today after you suggested laying Hull when 2-0.

Yes it's paying for pints now

He's right, they were. But he cannot accuse them of anything because they were from Manchester. Yep, will have to face some sanction.

What?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,673 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Between that and the "title is City's to lose" comment, he's beginning to sound a bit like the new Fergie...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

What?

:confused: Thanx is right, you can't accuse a referee like that. Very bad form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Are you supporting city now utd have gone ****e.

Well that's embarrassing. Toys being thrown from the pram stuff. This was a big game at the top end of one of the most competitive seasons the PL has ever seen, are other supporters not supposed to watch it or have and opinion just because their team aren't playing?

Anyway, a very good game. Could have gone either way, a few dodgy decisions, but some great football from both sides at times. In the end City edged it and marginally deserved it IMO. The team, if any, who finish above City will win the league, their squad is too good. As for Liverpool, Spurs, Everton and United aren't making it particularly hard for them in the battle for 4th. If their form keeps up they're a shoe in but I doubt it will last the whole season and some of the players may be liabilities when they hit a bad patch, time will tell and I think the January transfer window will be pretty vital for all the teams vying for 4th.

Well that's embarrassing. Toys being thrown from the pram stuff. This was a big game at the top end of one of the most competitive seasons the PL has ever seen, are other supporters not supposed to watch it or have and opinion just because their team aren't playing?

Anyway, a very good game. Could have gone either way, a few dodgy decisions, but some great football from both sides at times. In the end City edged it and marginally deserved it IMO. The team, if any, who finish above City will win the league, their squad is too good. As for Liverpool, Spurs, Everton and United aren't making it particularly hard for them in the battle for 4th. If their form keeps up they're a shoe in but I doubt it will last the whole season and some of the players may be liabilities when they hit a bad patch, time will tell and I think the January transfer window will be pretty vital for all the teams vying for 4th.

Listen you know he was being a dick. I know you can't admit it bit you know. You know kid. But thank the utd poster but we know kid we know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Cop on lads. Move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

:confused: Thanx is right, you can't accuse a referee like that. Very bad form.

But did he accuse anybody? Not really. He said he was "surprised by it" which is a sneaky and clever way of accusing them without actually doing it.

It's the sort of talk people do in this forum to escape infractions. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Great game. City were marginally the better side and deserved the win. Had Aguero played, I doubt it would have been as close tbh. How Sakho went unpunished in that 10 minute mental breakdown I'll never know.
    Probably won't see a closer game at the Etihad this season,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

In the greater, more realistic scheme of things, I suppose this was the best result for United.

Of course United are theoretically still in the title race, opponents for 3rd or 4th spot are better to be losing points though

Great game. City were marginally the better side and deserved the win. Had Aguero played, I doubt it would have been as close tbh.

In fairness had Sturridge played I'm pretty sure he would have stuck away at least one of those chances that fell to Sterling, Johnson, Coutinho, etc.

In fairness had Sturridge played I'm pretty sure he would have stuck away at least one of those chances that fell to Sterling, Johnson, Coutinho, etc.

Ditto if Aguero was playing for City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Go into all match threads I have commented on this season where Liverpool have played and I have backed Liverpool and praised them game after game. Be it match thread or Liverpool thread.
    Even in the game vs Utd?
    Mars Bar wrote: »
    Cop on lads. Move on.
    At least you didn't say Walk On :D

Ditto if Aguero was playing for City.

Which was the point I was making. You can't just say Aguero wasn't playing for City without mentioning that Liverpool were missing important players as well.

• Advertisement

Which was the point I was making. You can't just say Aguero wasn't playing for City without mentioning that Liverpool were missing important players as well.

Sure L'Pool were missing big players for them but you can't compare them to the loss of Aguero. Only the absence of Suarez would be equal to Aguero being missing...the fact City have more options doesn't matter either.

Sure L'Pool were missing big players for them but you can't compare them to the loss of Aguero.

True but Sturridge was joint top scorer in the league when he got injured. Scored at the Etihad last season. Not exactly a mug either and exactly the type of finisher that Liverpool probably lacked in the box today given the chances they had and which fell to others.

Those lads were unavailable today though so ultimately that's all that matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

Best team Won. Move on

Best team Won. Move on

United fans seem very keen to keep saying this oddly enough.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

90s era utd fans from ireland racking up cheap victories (won by another team) on the internet? no way, how very out of character.

good game. losing was a bitter pill to swallow but I think the right team won in the end. city were more disciplined in most scenarios and did a good job of stopping suarez. fernandinho looks better every game he plays, some talent. i was dreading this game before, fearing it would be 3-0 to city and liverpool shown up, but in reality it was a very close affair with both teams playing well. decisions and howlers are part of the game and sometimes you get the rub. didnt go liverpools way but theres no reason to be spiteful about it, city have been destroying teams at home and with todays performance (compared to say the one at arsenal) we have proven that we can definitely be in with a shout when the medals are handed out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement