Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man City vs Liverpool

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

karma_ wrote: »
    I thought it was relevant as that's your team is all, nothing sinister about it to be honest.

True United have dropped stupid stupid.points. We deserve to be where we are.

Anyway should be good game. Fancy City to pip it.

Could not rule out Liverpool on form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,673 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

True United have dropped stupid stupid.points. We deserve to be where we are.

Anyway should be good game. Fancy City to pip it.

Could not rule out Liverpool on form.

Losing at the Emiarates would hardly be dropping "stupid" points, though.

If Liverpool come up 3 points short on the PL or 4th place, this won;t be the game the look back on (unlss the have points going into the 90th minute and concede late).

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Is not big deal if ye lose tomorrow?

Thats BS

Excuses already

And if we say we could win it, we're deluded!

Great options!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

niallo27 wrote: »
    He didn't stop him scoring the game before that at the emirates though. No one can stop him. Best player in the world right now.

That was a year and a half ago, is that your argument? Arsenal did stop him, so he clearly can be stopped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

That was a year and a half ago, is that your argument? Arsenal did stop him, so he clearly can be stopped.

Was only 11 months ago. The poster said mertesacker stoped him and I just said he didn't in the match before they played against each other.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Was only 11 months ago. The poster said mertesacker stoped him and I just said he didn't in the match before they played against each other.

Sorry, was thinking of the game before that. It was me btw, but my point stands: he can be stopped, because he was stopped. Simple as that. Hull did it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

I'm going to be optimistic and say 2-1 pool
    Johnson and Luis
    Ya ya for city

Drunken Christmas day arguments going on in here!

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Drunken Christmas day arguments going on in here!

Very :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Both games between these sides last season finished 2-2 with City scoring late goals in both to secure draws.

First game at Anfield, Liverpool dominated only to concede from a Reina howler and for Skrtel to play that crazy backpass that Tevez scored from.

Second game, Gerrard put Liverpool 2-1 up with a great goal only for Aguero to equalise with that fantastic goal from an acute angle out on the wing. Two players who won't be lining out tomorrow.

Changes on both sides since then obviously. I do remember Joe Allen playing really well in the first game though. He'll have to do similar tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Grayditch wrote: »
    And if we say we could win it, we're deluded!

Great options!

That's not even remotely like what he said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Man City -1 7/4 and Man City -2 18/5 are bets of the day tomorrow

If you think they're the bets of the day tomorrow you're a bookies dream!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Christmas pedants ahoy. :)

Not feeling conident at all and will most likely be a game lost in midfield for the pool.

Can only hope we give it a go and are not toothless. I think we could suffer an early goal so I really hope the character is there not to fold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Our Year wrote: »
    Surely a 'neutral' would want an entertaining game.

Where did he say otherwise?
    Corvo wrote: »
    Draw would be best for the neutral here of course and Liverpool certainly have it in them on current form to beat pretty much anyone in the league.

But how will they stop Fernandinho and Toure? Just seems like they will get the better of anything Liverpool throw at them.

Still, hopefully a good game to watch because the Chelsea games have been horrendous.

Aguero will be a big miss for City. Still think they will win at a canter tbh. Just ridiculously strong at the Etihad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Aguero will be a big miss for City. Still think they will win at a canter tbh. Just ridiculously strong at the Etihad.

There are goals in that City defence. They could well batter Liverpool but I'm confident they will concede. I think we have a chance if we can weather an early storm. My confidence in doing so is low though.

kryogen wrote: »
    That's not even remotely like what he said.

I don't think you understood what happened there at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

City will score a couple at least, I'd be surprised if they didn't even though Aguero is a loss. Hope I'm wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I think we have a chance if we can weather an early storm

Jaysus Ted we're not the kind of team that slows down over the course of a game. We get better in the second half if anything, see our last games against Fulham, Arsenal, and United. If we get a foothold in the first 15 I think it's a knockout.

We have to be stifled from the start, heavily congest the central midfield. When we have the ball pack 10 guys in and around the box, even with Navas playing we don't have much width. I thought THAT game against QPR when we won the league was a great example of how to stop our attacks for a long time, even though that's a different team with a different manager we don't play all that differently. Still need Silva, Nasri or Yaya to get some space in the 3rd quarter.

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense, merry christmas everyone.

There are goals in that City defence. They could well batter Liverpool but I'm confident they will concede. I think we have a chance if we can weather an early storm. My confidence in doing so is low though.
    There are goals in it. If you can get by that midfield.
    If Liverpool were to get 4 tomorrow, City will probably get 5 or more. They just win there.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Kelly would be my genuine worry for tomorrow, he's been out a long time!

I hope.he's ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

10-10 :)

Ah no I'm gonna go for an optimistic Liverpool win

I don't think you understood what happened there at all.

Its possible, if you like I can go check?

Didn't really follow the thread previous or after the comment

Upon further investigation

Mike says, its not a big deal if we lose tomorrow

Kew says, excuses already, it should be a big deal (paraphrased)

You say, and if we said we could win we would be called delusional (paraphrased)

I said, that's not even remotely like what he said.

Pretty sure I have a have a handle on it.

Its possible, if you like I can go check?

Didn't really follow the thread previous or after the comment

I wasn't suggesting Kew Tour set both options, that's all.

I wasn't suggesting Kew Tour set both options, that's all.

Why say it then?

I think he just meant they're in a no win situation whatever they say.

They know how to drag a thread down alright!

I think he just meant they're in a no win situation whatever they say.

Why quote Kew and say what he said then?

Look its hardly a big deal. Happy Christmas /

Look its hardly a big deal. Happy Christmas /

Exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Someone start a Hull v Man Utd thread please! :pac:

• Advertisement

They know how to drag a thread down alright!

That's not all they know how to do

Hitler-gif-nazi-dance-364064.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

Y.Toure will dominate the midfield. 2-0 city.

mike65 wrote: »
    Someone start a Hull v Man Utd thread please! :pac:

Liverpool are much more interesting to be fair, you can't blame them!

Don't flatter yourselves.
    If Liverpool were playing Hull and United playing City...

Go girl!

tumblr_mj9hpaJkRD1s3dn9bo1_500.gif

Lets talk game.

Enough nilly willy

Ok, for the game, I am hoping for a draw, I have already laid out elsewhere how I would like the match to go.

City are very strong at home, Liverpool are in tremendous form. Should be a cracker

Over 3.5 goals will tempt me tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Over 3.5 goals will tempt me tomorrow

Odds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Just saw the game is on BT Sports. We've got Michael Owen's commentary to look forward to too then, the icing on the cake!

Odds?

On phone but by oddschecker best price is 5/4.

Looks bit on skinny side but think price is about right.

Cant see this ending 0 0

On phone but by oddschecker best price is 5/4.

Looks bit on skinny side but think price is about right.

Cant see this ending 0 0

2-2 or 3-3 would be nice

Just saw the game is on BT Sports. We've got Michael Owen's commentary to look forward to too then, the icing on the cake!

Jaysus they really have gotten the best games all over the Christmas season. Nice one Sky, thanks for putting the hundreds of millions you get in subscription money to good use, buying the viewers the best games to watch. :rolleyes: But let's not get into that!

I'm expecting an absolute thriller, pure attack-fest. Sticking with my initial 3-2 guess. Negredox2 and Yaya. Negredo to put on an absolute masterclass, showing himself to be the maestro he is.

Who else but Suarez for the Liverpool double.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

Would easily take a draw now. Liverpool's defense is shaky as has been shown all season. I thought it was good to be reminded of this in the second half of the Cardiff game. We were overrun once flanagan came off, (something I believe has very little to do with Flanagan coming off), and I think they would've scored before us if time allowed.
    City will capitalize on our weak defense and I'd expect at least 2 goals. Not sure why but I don't think Liverpool will score. I think that it'll bring us Liverpool fans back down to earth. Hope I'm wrong. I'll be missing the first half but please God let me want to watch the 2nd when I hear the half time score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭baldbear

The biggest Kolo/ Yaya Toure chant ever. Can't wait.

• Advertisement

Would easily take a draw now. Liverpool's defense is shaky as has been shown all season. I thought it was good to be reminded of this in the second half of the Cardiff game. We were overrun once flanagan came off, (something I believe has very little to do with Flanagan coming off), and I think they would've scored before us if time allowed.
    City will capitalize on our weak defense and I'd expect at least 2 goals. Not sure why but I don't think Liverpool will score. I think that it'll bring us Liverpool fans back down to earth. Hope I'm wrong. I'll be missing the first half but please God let me want to watch the 2nd when I hear the half time score.

I'd be massively disappointed in Suarez if he doesn't absolutely massacre Demichelis tomorrow. I know Kompany will be on him like a hawk but I don't think one's enough to mind him at all.

baldbear wrote: »
    The biggest Kolo/ Yaya Toure chant ever. Can't wait.
    Well that's going to be a cringefest. F**king sick of it already from the darts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Starting to hate BT, they seem to have had a fairly big amount of the worthwhile games to watch this season but I can't justify having both Sky and them.

Suarez will definitely score tomorrow because I took the captaincy off him in my FF.

Half thinking a City win on their home form but with Aguero out I can't rule out Liverpool causing an upset.

Well that's going to be a cringefest. F**king sick of it already from the darts.

Michael Owen will be commentating, you might as well mute it anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Excited about the game tomorrow.

It's a game we would expect little from so there's certainly a sense of nothing to lose, especially after our recent results. The players should be going with confidence and without pressure - a good combination.

With Aguero out and Suarez in this from I'm hopeful if not expectant for a result. They're the players that make the difference.

Should be an entertaining match either way

• Advertisement
Advertisement