Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man City vs Liverpool

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Yaya is huge for City, along with Kompany.

Aguero being out is a big loss to any team, but with Kompany marshalling the defence and Yaya dominating the rest of the field (most of the time!) they will be a match for anybody at home in particular. There is enough quality there even without Aguero to score too. His loss is not as bad for City as one might hope is my basic point.

I just hope Liverpool can get a draw. Will be strange to root for them if they go behind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Bt sure are getting good games lately and with them winning the rights outright for next season id say ill cancel the sky sub and pick up the bt/setanta one too. Bigger variety of leagues too.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

klose wrote: »
    Bt sure are getting good games lately and with them winning the rights outright for next season id say ill cancel the sky sub and pick up the bt/setanta one too. Bigger variety of leagues too.
    The rights outright to what? Their Premier League package isn't changing anyway, as it was a 3 year deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

I can see city winning but not by more than 2 goals.
    This is the type of fixture where Suarez flips out in frustration and gets a 2 month ban.
    I hope I'm wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

We'll miss Sturridge big time tomorrow. If City double up on Suarez they will hold us scoreless. Our defensive frailties and very weak bench will expose us big time and i can't see City not scoring. City to win, if they are up for it then it could be a very big win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Draw or a Liverpool win, can't see either happening though.

I'm gonna miss the first half so I'm hoping it won't be a blowout by half-time either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

kryogen wrote: »
    Yaya is huge for City, along with Kompany.

Aguero being out is a big loss to any team, but with Kompany marshalling the defence and Yaya dominating the rest of the field (most of the time!) they will be a match for anybody at home in particular. There is enough quality there even without Aguero to score too. His loss is not as bad for City as one might hope is my basic point.

I just hope Liverpool can get a draw. Will be strange to root for them if they go behind

Hope you feel dirty......:D

as for the game I could be wrong but I think Liverpool will give City their biggest test yet at home ,Think City will just edge it but they will have to work for it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

I read on the independent app that Pelligrini is having a right old whinge about the fixtures. His team play today and then on Saturday again and he maintains Liverpool are getting an extra days rest as they don't play until Sunday. Manuel says it should be the same for everybody. Is the man for real? Sitting with a bench stuffed with 20-30m pound back ups! That's a bit rich now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭madalig12

doc_17 wrote: »
    I read on the independent app that Pelligrini is having a right old whinge about the fixtures. His team play today and then on Saturday again and he maintains Liverpool are getting an extra days rest as they don't play until Sunday. Manuel says it should be the same for everybody. Is the man for real? Sitting with a bench stuffed with 20-30m pound back ups! That's a bit rich now!

oh boo hoo, Liverpool have such an advantage getting an extra day off, nevermind the hundreds of millions extra City have spend more on their squad the last five or six years. Man i hope we stuff them just for this whinge alone.

• Advertisement

Liverpool have an extra days rest but I'd far rather have Palace at home Saturday than Chelsea away Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

I don't know what's more frightening, people who believe in Satan or New Man City fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Win win for the 'neutrals' today.

I know a lot of fans (me included) don't expect a result today...as long as the team don't go in with that mindset I'll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Is it 5:30 yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/english-premier-league-boxing-day/highest-scoring-team 8/1 for city to be the highest scoring team today,worth a small bit of your hard earned cash.

City 6-1 I reckon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jaysus they really have gotten the best games all over the Christmas season. Nice one Sky, thanks for putting the hundreds of millions you get in subscription money to good use, buying the viewers the best games to watch. :rolleyes: But let's not get into that!

BT Sports game schedule post Xmas is much weaker for the big games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I would've thought United fans would want a City win today, not sure I seethe logic behind wanting a draw?

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

Title aspirations. If I were a United fan I wouldn't give up either. It might seem silly but there you go. I'm optimistic from time to time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Title aspirations. If I were a United fan I wouldn't give up either. It might seem silly but there you go. I'm optimistic from time to time

I'm sure even the most optimistic fan couldn't still be harboring title aspirations.

The only thing I can think of is that hey hope City will continue dropping silly points away from home and get dragged into the battle for 4th, but for me that seems pretty unlikely too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

I'm going to stick my neck out and go for a 'Pool win, Skrtel og v Kompany 2ogs and Greyditch to lick my oven clean:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

5live wrote: »
    I'm going to stick my neck out and go for a 'Pool win, Skrtel og v Kompany 2ogs and Greyditch to lick my oven clean:P

Here I said under the oven!

Grayditch wrote: »
    Here I said under the oven!
    *runs to get brush and sweep everything under the cooker*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

5live wrote: »

That sounds like the perviest euphemism ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Liverpool have an extra days rest but I'd far rather have Palace at home Saturday than Chelsea away Sunday!

Yeah 2 away games on the bounce, or 2 home games, is a bit unfair at this time of the year for the fans who have to travel twice. Great though for the home teams. But when Pelligrini says it should be the same for everyone I wonder does he mean transfer budgets, wages etc...

Here's hoping for a win today for Liverpool anyway or at least a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Yeah 2 away games on the bounce, or 2 home games, is a bit unfair at this of the year for the fans who have to travel twice. Great though for the home teams. But when Pelligrini says it should be the same for everyone I wonder does he transfer budgets, wages etc...

Here's hoping for a win today for Liverpool anyway or at least a draw.

I'd say they be happy because they're getting two games in a short space of time, wouldn't bother them home or away as it's much the same when they're coming from Norway :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

3-3 thriller I reckon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

7-7 draw please :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Can't see anything other than a Liverpool win. Allen will have Toure in his pocket the whole game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Can't see anything other than a Liverpool win. Allen will have Toure in his pocket the whole game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

I went for Suarez to score first and city to win 3-2 100/1!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

City away might be a bridge too far for Liverpool right now but if its a close competitive game it will be a good examination of Liverpools credentials this season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Hoping for a great game, a draw will do me, an away win and we start to dream, not many teams will or have taken any points at City. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Why does this annoy so many people?? Tis only a bitta craic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

OwaynOTT wrote: »

Wouldn't surprise me TBH, Ol Allen loves battling against the bigger lads and normally does quite well!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Think Allen will do well. Has been playing well since Everton, that miss aside. But Yaya is a different class.

mike65 wrote: »
    That sounds like the perviest euphemism ever!
    Oooohh Matron...

Its like a scene from 'Carry on up the table';)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Morzadec wrote: »
    I'm sure even the most optimistic fan couldn't still be harboring title aspirations.

The only thing I can think of is that hey hope City will continue dropping silly points away from home and get dragged into the battle for 4th, but for me that seems pretty unlikely too

It's not like they are 15 points behind. There is no way they are out of it yet. It's not likely they will win the league, but far from impossible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Ian Cheeseman ‏@IanCheeseman 39m
    I've heard an unsubstantiated rumour that might have been a #mcfc injury in training yesterday,I'm not giving you a name & hope I'm wrong

Hopefully its Yaya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

slingerz wrote: »
    I went for Suarez to score first and city to win 3-2 100/1!

Good luck with that slingerz ;)

Prefer a 2-3 win and Suarez to score last :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

5starpool wrote: »
    I'll take a repeat of last seasons result if I could. I expect City to win, but as with all football games, who really knows.

3-1 City would be my guess.

I'd be a lot happier 5star if you were at this game ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

God damn it no.. all week I've thought it was on Sky.... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

tok9 wrote: »

so did I!!

but Home has BT sports. Nice one!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Yaya supposedly currently undergoing a fitness test. Please god let him fail!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,283 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

tok9 wrote: »

It's not on sky :eek:

FFs :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Big day for the streams..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Yaya supposedly currently undergoing a fitness test. Please god let him fail!

It's Micah Richards not Yaya. Yaya Toure doesn't fail tests, they're afraid of him so he passes every time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

I'm gonna stick my neck out, 3-2 away win! Last minute winner

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

so did I!!

but Home has BT sports. Nice one!

Mine doesn't :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Liverpool victory comrades.
    We will destroy them.

comical_ali.jpg

Advertisement