Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus to GreyStones from Dublin City

Options
  • 25-12-2013 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Are there buses that go from Dublin city centre to Greystones?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

84x is the main one for commuting

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Yes but very limited

The 84x goes from Dublin City weekdays only 7 times

www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/84x/

What I do is buy tickets such as the 10 Journey Travel 90 or the 30 day rambler ticket.

www.dublinbus.ie/en/Fares--Tickets/Tickets/2-Journey-Daily-Weekly/

This means if you get a 145 to Bray and then a 184 from Bray to Greystones you generally don't pay for an extra fare.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Thanks.

Sounds like the bus options are very limited.

I heard that AirCoach go to Greystones from Dublin city? Is that true?

Fungus wrote: »
    Thanks.

Sounds like the bus options are very limited.

I heard that AirCoach go to Greystones from Dublin city? Is that true?
    No

They can only pick up from the Airport

They don't have a license to pick up from anywhere else

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

No

They can only pick up from the Airport

They don't have a license to pick up from anywhere else
    Funny that! Their smaller competitor Dublin Coach (Green and orange livery) have pretty much taken over local transport in Kildare and Laoise, picking up and dropping from as little as 2.50 and max 5. You can go from Kildare village SC to naas or Newbridge for 2.50, Red Cow, City or airport is 5. Taxis are really suffering from it out there.

• Advertisement

Funny that! Their smaller competitor Dublin Coach (Green and orange livery) have pretty much taken over local transport in Kildare and Laoise, picking up and dropping from as little as 2.50 and max 5. You can go from Kildare village SC to naas or Newbridge for 2.50, Red Cow, City or airport is 5. Taxis are really suffering from it out there.

Do they have a licence for the route?

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

I don't know! it was set up by the guy(John O Sullivan) who set up aircoach, sold it to firstbus uk and then set up quikpark before going into competition with Aircoach again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,719 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Fungus wrote: »
    Hi,

Are there buses that go from Dublin city centre to Greystones?

Thanks
    Yes but very limited

The 84x goes from Dublin City weekdays only 7 times

www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/84x/

What I do is buy tickets such as the 10 Journey Travel 90 or the 30 day rambler ticket.

www.dublinbus.ie/en/Fares--Tickets/Tickets/2-Journey-Daily-Weekly/

This means if you get a 145 to Bray and then a 184 from Bray to Greystones you generally don't pay for an extra fare.

OP as posted above, the only direct service is the peak hour 84x.

Outside of those hours you will need to take the 145 from Dublin and change on Bray Main Street to either the 84 or 184.

Use the Travel 90 or 30 day ticket to avoid paying two fares.

However, can I suggest that if you have a smartphone that you download the NTA National Journey Planner app - it will allow you to plan potential connections between the two.

The journey planner can also be accessed at www.a-b.ie

Otherwise there is of course the DART every 30 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,719 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Dublin Coach are a fully licensed operator on the route to/from Portlaoise.

Greystones is a different situation as it is served by the PSO funded services of Dublin Bus and Irish Rail within the Greater Dublin region.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Thanks all.

It is a shame that GreyStones is classified as the "greater Dublin area".

If it was deregulated, Greystones could have a much better bus service at a lower cost.

• Advertisement
Advertisement